cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Active2 watch automatically turns screen on, flips pages after patch from July 1, 2020

On a Note 8 with an Active2 watch, the watch screen turns on, tries to edit watch face (default watch face is being used), flips to random screens, will not allow left/right/bevel rotation when charging after installing the security patch from July 1, 2020 (N950U1UES8DTF2/N950U1OYM8DTF2/N950U1UES8DTF2). It seems random and does not happen all of the time. When I look at the phone the "Galaxy Wearable" app is open. I have to turn off bluetooth on the phone and reboot both the phone and watch at the same time.

I've reset the phone and watch, paired the two, left along for a day, started charing last night and it did it again. This issue did not appear before the patch update. Wakeup gestures are turned off and touch wake-up is on. The screen on the watch is clean and free of debris and nothing is touching the watch face when this occurs. 

Also, the watch has not been dropped or placed in water.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Active2 watch automatically turns screen on, flips pages after patch from July 1, 2020

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend a service repair on your device. Can I please have your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Active2 watch automatically turns screen on, flips pages after patch from July 1, 2020

May you please post a URL that does not use a shortner? Seems security isn't a consideration and asking for information such as that.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give this link a try: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/12031610

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.