cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Active2 won't sync with WW app

I recently bought myself an Active2 Galaxy watch and I'm pleased with it so far, but it would have been so helpful if it could sync with my WW (aka weight watchers) app. Other devices like Fitbit, Garmin, etc do sync and your steps and activity count towards fitness points. It's a shame Galaxy watches and SHealth won't sync. There are many WW members who would appreciate that, so I thought I'd leave this here as feedback.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Active2 won't sync with WW app

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products. However, it is up to third-party developers to make their apps compatible with the devices and available through Google Play Store.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I also just received an Active 2 for my Mother's Day gift. I CONTINUE to be disappointed that Samsung will NOT connect to the weight watchers app. I have been researching this and found that it is Samsung snubbing weight watchers....IS THIS TRUE???

Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung Rei....who are these 3rd party people???

Highlighted
Astronaut

I haven't seen any helpful responses from Samsung despite the mounting complaints/requests. Could we please have a response on resolving this?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I too recently purchased the active 2 watch. I also would love for it to sync to the weight watcher app like Apple's watch does. I know Samsung can do it and it would be greatly appreciated by many if it is done and soon. Also can't wait till the ECG function is activated.

Highlighted
Constellation

Like others, I have a Galaxy Active2 watch and love it. It has helped me develop and maintain some good habits during quarantine! 

I'm also about to join WW to get some of these stubborn pounds off, but realized that my Samsung App and device don't sync with the WW app - which means I don't get credit for the amount of activity I do. I guess I could get some 3rd party apps to share all my info from Samsung Health --> Fitbit or MyFitnessPal and then connect either of those with WW, but what a pain that is. 

I'd like to add my voice with others to urge Samsung to work with WW on this - WW is the largest international organization for weight control, not a one-off company. All of the other fitness device manufacturers have longstanding relationships with WW. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, this is very frustrating. My understanding is that Samsung won't connect to WW for some reason. It would be nice if one of the largest and most powerful technology companies would connect with the largest weight loss community. They are really hurting themselves.

Highlighted
Constellation

I want to add my voice as well.  I have been a WW for a long time and I have had a Garmin and no problems syncing with WW app.  My husband and I just ordered the Active2 watch and then I find this out.  This could be a huge game-changer on whether I like and keep this watch.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Active2 won't sync with WW app

I found your comment looking for some way to make my Active synch with the WW app. I see a few comments on here and think Samsung should realize that most people won't take the time to write, they will simply choose another device rather than choose a different weight loss program. WW is global, with millions of members, this is a really big deal. I was thinking about upgrading my Active 2 but will look into other options that will work with WW, I absolutely do not want to have to wear 2 devices!