cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
faqman
Cosmic Ray

Agenda view only shows today's meetings, not tomorrow

Loving the Samsung Galaxy Watch... truly a superior piece of hardware! This is an odd item. I use various watch face makers and have used three of them. What I really enjoyed on Wear OS is seeing my upcoming agenda, e.g. next 4 items on my calendars that shows 1 today, 2 tomorrow, 1 in two days from now, etc. in a list view. Oddly I can see these in the watch face maker software and calendar software and widgets on my Android phone (Pixel 3 XL but any Android phone does this.) Now I can see this too by tapping on a single agenda page (today's events widget) and then scrolling down when it shows me the events. That works.

Now on the phone screen there is a place for event 1, event 2, event 3, etc. The software was able to pull all those events up just like my phone does. My Wear OS phone does this file. The face makers show the events fine too. But for some reason the Galaxy Watch ONLY will pull up any events TODAY. If it's not today, the next event does not show on those watch faces. It's difficult for me to tell where the issue lies and obviously I'll also alert the software developers. But I wonder if I'm missing some setting that allows me to do this. What's odd is that an app specifically developed for Tizen which shows (and there is discussion) all the agenda items now doesn't work on the phone, implying it did on some earlier time.

The other item I was wondering about was Outlook reminders. Those are not events and the watch only shows them when there is an alert. There is only so much one can track on calendars and was hoping that might be covered at some point.

Anyone have any thoughts on these two items? Thank you..

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Agenda view only shows today's meetings, not tomorrow

I use Watchmaker on my Galaxy Watch (to make my own watch face). Watchmaker has a setting to show only calender events today or also following days (up to four events) so it seems to be a choise of the maker of the watch face. 

faqman
Cosmic Ray

I used the exact same face for both the Wear OS and the Galaxy Watch, as I mentioned. The variable pulls the next four events (numbered 0 - 3). It's sequential. For some reason it works only on Wear OS. And I haven't found a single watch face that can pull more than today's events. While it could be a Watchmaker issue, it would seem very unusual. Don't know.

I haven't tried other watch face makers (or Wear OS) but my watch face that I made using Watchmaker showed also next day events until I disabled it in the settings (in the watchmaker phone app).

faqman
Cosmic Ray

Thanks for the response. The "Show Events After Today" is checked in the settings in the app and the dates after today do show in the app - but not on the Samsung Watch. They do show on the same watch faces uploaded to Wear OS watches. Weird.

faqman
Cosmic Ray

Real bummer. It seems that this is a show stopping bug!

https://developer.samsung.com/forum/thread/schedule-on-watch-face/201/348069?boardName=SDK&listLines...

The samsung developer's forum seems to indicate that something is broken regarding calendar events, something that really is a major difference maker in why I wear a smart watch. Always want to know upcoming events at a glance. While you can techincally use a button and then tap to calendar, it's not preferable. I hope this can/will be fixed if indeed it is broken - or just limited to today's events.

faqman
Cosmic Ray

Well... here's a weird one. If you use the default Samsung watch face it will show the next all day event/reminder for tomorrow - but only one event. Weird. Perhaps this is a combo bug... I'll also alert watchmaker.

Highlighted
faqman
Cosmic Ray

Following up - using Pujie Black, it too doesn't seem to find any calendar events on upcoming days. So this appears to be either two developers who haven't updated software or, perhaps, some changes made at Samsung that have broken this feature.