Original topic:

Allergic Reaction

(Topic created: 03-21-2021 09:32 AM)
nweldt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've recently developed an allergic reaction to my Samsung Galaxy Watch2. I've been wearing it since December and never had an issue with it until just now. Anyone else experience this issue? watch.jpg

0 Likes
5 Replies
KRISTA3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
not with the Samsung watch but with another watch. try changing the type of band.

also try cleaning and disinfecting it sometimes bacteria can get trapped underneath especially if water is under the band and you don't dry. I eventually had to switch to a fabric band when my fitbit rubber band did it.
0 Likes
HeatherRNEdu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
that is terrible, I am sorry you are having issues. I would advise a couple of things from my experience as a nurse.
1. hand sanitizer gels can get under watches/rings and cause moisture leading to an allergic reaction or infection. once the alcohol evaporates, some gels stay. try cleaning your watch with liquid alcohol wipes or a cotton ball.
2. the same as above may have caused the coating on your watch to wear off. try coating the surfaces that touch your skin with clear fingernails polish. probably not a recommendation Samsung would give.

good luck and heal soon.
0 Likes
nweldt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
thank you! I've cleaned it with soap and water and let it dry before putting it back on but I'll see if cleaning it with alcohol will help.
0 Likes
harry13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
try to put it on another wrist
0 Likes
ducsurfer
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
most important... I still see the imprint.... how tight as you guys wearing that watch!!! you need to be able to get some air underneath
0 Likes