cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAVcN7dieFU
Constellation

Re: Alti-Barometer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I suddenly have the same problem with my 46mm Galaxy Watch, purchased from Best Buy..  Altimeter / barometer had been working perfectly since purchase (1/2019), (6/16/2019) suddenly they are both zeros, no graph, sending regular pressure alerts.  In addition, at the same time, my heart measurement suddenly saying I have to stay still - worked fine until alt.bar happened at same time.  Sleep guesses the right time, but no readings. Interestingly, stress still finds I have a heartbeat, works properly. Tried re-starting and factory reset, nothing.

userGbRNKxDndj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I had the same problem with my 46mm Galaxy watch from about March till today. The Alti-/barometer suddenly stopped showing any data and as a result floor counter was not functioning. I was told by Samsung support that I have to bring the watch in for repair. But I couldn't find the time to do this and today with the new update I just saw that it again shows the values for altitude and pressure. I still have to check if it's working properly or not, but the update seems to be effective.

userHuNeqRkm3v
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

When I got my galaxy watch 2 weeks ago. The altitude in my home was 530m. Now is 424m and it still going down. 

It's interesting to see that that some of you experience the same problems.

userLYAvlLXVm4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has happened to my 42mm watch as well.

The only thing that has changed is as the weather has improved, I've been sitting out in the sun.  As I live in the UK, the sun is not that hot, but it did make me wonder.

I don't think it is a software issue as I have also done a RESET and nothing has changed.

Does anyone know how the baromitor hardware works?

If it uses a mini presure gage, has this popped?

or has something got stuck?

Any ideas

userAVcN7dieFU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Further to my yet unanswered question, the problem started at the same time as, I checked my watch to make sure my computer time wasn't counting as sleep, then went to bed.  Seven hours later I got up, and my watch showed I had been inactive for a little over 11 hours, gave me the stretch exercise - did that, it didn't record the stretches or change its "move alert."

Highlighted
userMB75ZCggUo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem starting the 1th of august. baro- and altimeter stops working, hard reset doesn't help and *#0*# gives FAIL on the sensor. Can this be a software issue? (Watch is 6 months old)