cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usera2OpcQfFic
Constellation

Alti-Barometer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After about 5 months of using the altimeter and barometer stopped working on my Galaxy Watch (46mm, Bluetooth version). Might be connected with the last update. It stopped counting floors, the app shows 0 meters altitude and no pressure. Factory reset did not help, neither calibration inside of the app. Manual altitude calibration is not keeping the value entered. App from another developed shows nothing as well. Seems like sensor not responding. Any idea/suggestions what to do?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Alti-Barometer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please get your full model number, baseband version, Bluetooth or LTE, the device your watch is paired with as well as the Android version on the
device?

The_Oracle
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a similar problem on my 1 month old Galaxy BT watch. 

Barometric pressure still shows, but it has never been correct.  It's always read about 1.1" Hg below the correct pressure for my location, about 1,200 ft above sea level.  With Auto-refresh enabled on the watch, and with "location" enabled both on the watch and on my Galaxy S9+ phone, the watch still shows the incorrect pressure.  If I try "Manual Calibration", I get nowhere, because the erroneous reading remains on the main pressure screen.

Full model number of watch: SM-R800NZSAXAR (according to Amazon; Watch just reports "SM-R800"

Baseband version: (I can't find anything on the watch called "baseband version") -  "Software Version" is R800XXU1BSA4

Bluetooth or LTE: BT only

Device your watch is paired with: Samsung Galaxy S9+

Phone Android version: 9

Phone Baseband version: G965USQS3CSAG

Advice appreciated.

Subsequent edit: I can't find anything on the question of whether the watch app is reporting raw atmospheric pressure and the related altitude, or if it's supposed to be adjusting raw pressure to sea level pressure, as is done by all weather reporting agencies.  It occurs to me that my watch shows a pressure roughly equivalent to what it would be if NOT adjusted to sea level pressure. 

Pressure decreases about 1" Hg for each 1,000 ft increase in altitude/elevation.  My watch reads about 1" Hg below sea level barometric pressure, and my location is a little over 1,000 ft above sea level.   Interestingly, the watch reports an "altitude" at my home of within 30 feet of that reported by the site whatismyelevation.com.  That makes me suspect the watch is reporting raw elevation data, rather than sea level adjusted data.

It would be handy to know which pressure the watch is designed to report, and that information might answer a lot of questions being posed about it.

userMRAOStcLeJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same questions.

userW2KfrGNicS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue as above, and I've only had watch for a week (cellular version).

userMRAOStcLeJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do think The Oracle is correct in thinking the watch is displaying raw data from the watch's barometric pressure sensor. The example in the update makes sense with that assumption. The altimeter is accurate since the information is taken from GPS. The barometric pressure is taken from the watch's sensor. The watch does not display the calculated Mean Sea Level Pressure (MSLP) which is the typical reference used by meteorologists for comparison sake. This therefore gives the impression of the pressure being low in the example at the 1000 foot elevation, since it was not corrected for sea level which would result in showing a higher pressure. Using a tool to interrogate the pressure sensor on a Samsung Galaxy S9 phone, yields the same value as on the watch. Both are then showing the raw value. This explanaton does not account for an outright defective pressure sensor, but does explain the differences in pressure readings from the watch when compared to the typically published pressure readings produced by meteorologists. 

usera2OpcQfFic
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Galaxy Watch, Bluetooth version
Model: ......
Tizen version .......
Software version .......

Connected to .......
Model: .......
Android version ........
Baseband version .....

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Gunsi73
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The worst answer to flag as solution... Seriously? Not an US version so go away? 

JohnnyBoyOF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone found a solution for the Alti-Barometer problem?  Mine stopped working 2 days ago along with the heart rate as well, watch is only 2 months old, what is going on????