Original topic:

Always On Display (AOD) isn't always on

(Topic created: 05-05-2022 09:51 AM)
useryu3GxBkZZx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

So for some time now, the AOD for any watchface (first party, third party, doesn't matter) no longer works. The watch will show the AOD screen for some time, and eventually it will just turn off.

I have verified that the watch is worn tightly on the wrist, the battery is charged,  AOD is enabled, powersave is disabled.

This is extremely irritating because it essentially means the watch no longer has AOD as a feature.

5 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Settings >Always On Display >Click on "Show always."
0 Likes
useryu3GxBkZZx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

You did not read my post. I specifically stated that AOD is enabled. It still turns off after a while.

Searching on reddit I see that a lot of users have the same issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comments/t6xrij/samsung_watch_4_always_on_display_turning_off_at/

Options
Galaxy Watch
I did read through your post and I just thought it might have been a possibility that the update had reset your AOD display settings. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
0 Likes
dwaynek
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue and hasn't been fixed.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have several Galaxy watches (not GW4 but GW and GW3). They they all "switches off" the display now and then, despite AOD setting is ON and remains "ON". When this happens it seems to trigger a 5 minutes time-out that repeatedly makes the AOD display go black. Removing from wrist and putting back on restores the AOD function (for some time). Must be caused by a built in SW "feature". Samsung please fix.  

0 Likes