cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOXnB7OIzTS
Constellation

Android 10 update broke my Samsung Pay and Samsung wearable apps

My Samsung Galaxy Watch does not sync with wearables app after the Android 10 update on my Pixel3XL. It has been more than a month since I updated my phone and have been waiting for Samsung to look into this issue and provide an update. I have been reading complaints from other users with similar issues and NOT a single useful response from Samsung customer service. This is frustrating, I am unable to use my watch, Samsung Pay and other wearable plugins for more than a MONTH.. atleast one positive response from Samsung saying that they are looking into it would have been nice.. I would definitely consider this frustrating service response time before my next electronics purchase.

I don't know what else to do with my watch. It worked well until the update. 

8 REPLIES 8
Michael_01
Galaxy

Re: Android 10 update broke my Samsung Pay and Samsung wearable apps

The problem is that the wearable app is not optimized yet for android 10, The android 10 beta has yet to come out to Samsung devices.

Honored Contributor

@userOXnB7OIzTS wrote:

My Samsung Galaxy Watch does not sync with wearables app after the Android 10 update on my Pixel3XL. It has been more than a month since I updated my phone and have been waiting for Samsung to look into this issue and provide an update. I have been reading complaints from other users with similar issues and NOT a single useful response from Samsung customer service. This is frustrating, I am unable to use my watch, Samsung Pay and other wearable plugins for more than a MONTH.. atleast one positive response from Samsung saying that they are looking into it would have been nice.. I would definitely consider this frustrating service response time before my next electronics purchase.

I don't know what else to do with my watch. It worked well until the update. 

I don't really know what you mean "doesn't sync with Galaxy wearable app..."   

1) If you suspect there could be a problem with that app, then make sure you have a backup of your watch.

2) Remove Galaxy Wearable app

3) Phone could prompt you to remove Galaxy Watch Plugin as well.  Do it

4) Remove Samsung Accessory Service too from your phone.  Settings>apps and notifications>all apps and look for the above name and remove it.  Restart you device

5) Your watch may need to be reset or not.  Get the Galaxy Wearable app and other apps will be installed

userOXnB7OIzTS
Constellation

The wearable app freezes for 5 seconds as soon as I open and then crashes. I cannot manage anything on my watch or cannot make sure it is backed up. Only Samsung health app works.

Michael_01
Galaxy

all right I am back after a couple of day I finally got the beta and downloaded and I tested myself that the wearable app works fine for me try to find an updated apk file for android 10 in the xda community or in general

Michael_01
Galaxy

That's because the app is not yet updated for th android 10 as there is no android 10 beta yet for samsung users

userOXnB7OIzTS
Constellation

Yes.. do you know if Samsung users would get Android 10 beta version this year!?

Michael_01
Galaxy

Yes it should go out this month for the S10 line up. But there is no date announced yet

usernQ9F84naom
Asteroid

I have the same issue everyone does with Android 10. I talked to their tech support about this and all they would tell me is that they don't support Android 10. Although their specifications even on their website don't mention any such limits. But so far that is the only official answer they have given me. If they are going to provide a fix someday, it would be nice to know. Since the current answer means I no longer have a watch.  I reset it to attempt a reinstall/pairing. Now i can't get it to pair again and the watch won't work without pairing to a phone first.  This experience is turning me off to every buying connected watches again.