cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to take the watch out of sleep "mode" other than walking around?

Is there any way to take the watch out of sleep "mode" other than walking around?

Background: My Galaxy Watch watch (incorrectly) thinks I'm sleeping when working at a desc or watching TV. It then decides that I probably don't want the AOD ON (altough it is still enabled).

I can temporarily wake the watch up by gesture or buttons etc, but that is not enough to convince the watch that I'm awake, so exactly after 5 minutes the screen goes black again. Which watchface I'm using does not seem to matter.

The only thing I have found that will end the detected sleep is walking a number of steps. Then the "sleep" period is ended and is visible in Samsung Health app on the watch.

I would want to decide that my AOD display is visible also when I watch a movie (and not break for a stroll).

Any one have a solution?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Any way to take the watch out of sleep "mode" other than walking around?

This sounds like what I was reporting here

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Watch-Active-2-Always-On-issue-Goodnight-mod...

I have had success changing Samsung Health Settings - HR and Stress Measurement to Measure Continuously (instead of every 10 minutes).