cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHbgJ3rPuqt
Constellation

AoD (Always On Display) does not work when off the wrist: Galaxy Watch

While working I tend to take off my watch and put it near my laptop. And I expect my watch to still work: show me time and notifications. Same thing when the device is charged.

IMHO it could be done with just one checkbox in the settings. This is embarassing.

P.S. I know that there are apps that show time and keep screen on, yet those require manual launching and have their own watchfaces.

Tech info:

Always On Display option is on; other options that might affect this are off (night mode, theatre mode, etc).

Device: SM-R800  /  Galaxy Watch 46mm (Bluetooth)

Software: latest as of Sep 12, 2019

2 REPLIES 2
Red Giant

Re: AoD (Always On Display) does not work when off the wrist: Galaxy Watch

@userHbgJ3rPuqt wrote:

While working I tend to take off my watch and put it near my laptop. And I expect my watch to still work: show me time and notifications. Same thing when the device is charged.

IMHO it could be done with just one checkbox in the settings. This is embarassing.

P.S. I know that there are apps that show time and keep screen on, yet those require manual launching and have their own watchfaces.

Tech info:

Always On Display option is on; other options that might affect this are off (night mode, theatre mode, etc).

Device: SM-R800  /  Galaxy Watch 46mm (Bluetooth)

Software: latest as of Sep 12, 2019

What about your phone, doesn't it have AOD which would provide you with the info you desire?

If you go to Galaxy Wearable app, then go to Notifications. There are few options such as "show notifications on my watch if I wear it, then light up the screen when there is notification....  Don't know if you played with them...

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: AoD (Always On Display) does not work when off the wrist: Galaxy Watch

I'm pretty sure that enabling something like this would end up with a lot of unhappy people with watches that died while they weren't wearing them. 

This is why they allow 3rd party apps to fulfill the needs of someone who desires this.