Original topic:

Galaxy Watch5 series Initial Impressions

(Topic created: 03-29-2023 04:32 PM)
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello Samsung Members community 😎

I wanted to share my thoughts and opinions on the new Samsung Galaxy Watch5 Pro. I got to see this new watch on the day it was announced while attending the Unpacked event in NYC just a few weeks ago. Since then, I got my own Galaxy Watch5 Pro and wanted to share my personal views and experience with the device.

Galaxy Watch5 Pro

To begin, the Galaxy Watch5 Pro and Watch5 are now on sale and will be priced at $449.99 (Pro) and $309.99 (44mm)/$279.99 (40mm) and can be purchased directly from Samsung here: https://howl.me/chRd6LiCWhC

Note: Since I have the Watch5 Pro and not the standard 40/44mm model, my personal points will be based off of that.

Some key features of the Watch5 Pro:

• New D Buckle watchband
  • New bigger battery (590mAh) than the Watch4/Watch4 Classic
  • New health sensors
  • New sapphire crystal display
  • New super fast USB-C charger

After unboxing the Watch5 Pro, I knew I was in for a treat. Opening the box, I was instantly greeted with the device itself in all of it's glory. The high quality super-tough titanium case and the new sapphire crystal display is straight up gorgeous! Not only that but the Galaxy Watch5 Pro by default comes with the all new D Buckle watch band as well.

The D Buckle watch band is great. After adjusting it to your wrist size, putting it on and taking it off is a breeze. It is held together by a very powerful magnet. Not only that, it feels great as well and doesn't leave me with a tight squeeze feeling yet it feels securely put on my wrist. One thing that is a bit difficult is charging but using the provided charger takes care of that.

I have to say, my favorite feature is the bigger battery. Previously, I had the Galaxy Watch4 (44mm) and found it to have decent battery life with it's 361mAh lasting me about two days on average. I've had my Galaxy Watch5 Pro for a week and am getting just over 3 days on a single charge. I am super happy with this! And when I need to top off the battery, the new USB-C (finally) super fast charger is there to save the day.

Workout detection has taken an improvement and is working great. I am also super stoked and excited to see the new temperature sensor in action however it doesn't appear to be active at the moment.

Overall, coming from the Galaxy Watch4, I can honestly say that I am satisfied with the upgrade. I'd recommend it to all, especially those who like to track their Health & Fitness. For me, I love to track my workouts and sleep patterns. My other favorite changes/additions to the Watch5 Pro over the previous generation are the battery life and the new D Buckle watchband. 

Have any questions? Feel free to ask away. Do you have a Watch5 Pro/Watch5? I'd like to hear what you think of the device!

Take care.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
79 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Rydah What do you think about the lack of a rotating bezel?  Doyou find navigating the watch easier or more difficult than the previous design? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
userqgDPa2RgzE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

stay away from Samsung watches.

jelengi2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently bought a Watch 5 Pro and it couldn't finish setting up and connecting to my phone using the wearable app. I had reset the watch about 10 times, uninstalled and reinstalled the wearables app from my phone, cleared the cache off my phone. Removed all accounts (social media, email, etc.) Uninstalled all samsung apps that I could uninstall, restarted the phone, restarted the watch, and factory reset my phone. After all of that, I still couldn't get the watch to finish setup and connect to my phone. I contacted technical support and they said it's a software update that they need to fix on their end. I contacted them last week Thursday and there hasn't been a patch for it since. Contacted order support to see if I can get a replace, but they offered a refund and to order it again. Like at that point why order it again to potentially go through the same issue and spend money.

0 Likes
Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just got my 5, and I'm thrilled that after three days of learning my habits, just took it off the charger and I got 2 days plus 9 hours, much higher than anything I got on the 4, let's hope updates don't ruin it like it did with my 4!
Chris1o1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Here's a short review of my galaxy watch 5 after 1 month.

I like the added feature of body composition even tho sometimes it may not be accurate.
Heart rate is actually very accurate and blood oxygen better than my previous watch 4. 
Battery last me about 53 hours with heart rate and stress levels set to manual and last 49 hours with heart rate and stress levels set to continuously. It can last up to 5 days or more with Battery saver on. I'll post a part 2 of these review sometime in the week.
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello my fellow galaxy friend i have the watch 5 also and I love it and the battery is 10 time's better then my last watch
derby024
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

After testing Samsung smartwatches, I'm usually left with a furrowed brow, wondering what could have been. It's not because they're bad, ugly, or a pain to wear. Actually, it's the opposite. Hands down, Samsung's smartwatches are the best Android users can buy right now, and the $279.99 Galaxy Watch 5 is no exception.

Is buying a Galaxy Watch worth it? We recommend the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 for anybody looking for a fitness-focused smartwatch because it offers a good set of features for the price. It's durable, has plenty of features, and is available in multiple sizes.

Is Samsung Galaxy Watch better than Apple? Görsel sonucu Likewise, with a Wear OS foundation, the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 makes the most sense for Android users. But arguably even more important is price: the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 in either size is a good chunk cheaper than the equivalent Apple Watch. All else aside, it offers better value as a smartwatch.

Why Galaxy Watch is better than Apple Watch? Apple says that the Apple Watch 8 should offer 18 hours of battery life with standard usage. The Samsung Galaxy Watch 5, meanwhile, offers up to 50 hours of battery life. The Samsung Galaxy Watch Pro has a larger battery for even longer battery life with up to 80 hours of usage on a single charge.

Jess04
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
If I read correctly, you sound like you sell the watches yourself (unless that was a quote from a website).
To answer your question, the reason the Galaxy Watches are better than apple's is because of Price, compatibility, battery life (which you already mentioned), and health.
You have something that can look like a classic watch. Has up to 3 days of battery. Can connect to ANY of the latest Android phones (Sorry, not sorry apple 🙄). More health and wellness features. More compatibile bands. And the watch will even vibrate to notify you when you've left your phone behind. Which apple watches fail to do, even after all this time.
Kab1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I would just like to say Thank You for the great Samsung 5(R38V) so far it is amazing. Just what I needed and more. I have had it about a month...still playing with it and learned how to extend the battery life 👍 turn off roaming when not needed. I was tired of carrying around a phone, not any more, just my watch now. Only glitch seems to be when calling it does turn off after about 1 minute-kind of a pain but I'll probably only text anyway. Love all the watch face choices too, very cool and I can add my own digital art. Wish I had bought it sooner. Hoping it lasts awhile  🙂 I hardly ever take the time to write a long, positive review but thought this watch was worth the time. Thanks again. Kab1

Turdle2008
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hey, we're glad to see that you like your Samsung phone(and watch)! I'm sorry I don't know how to fix the "1 minute-kind of pain". You may ask other Samsung member for help, or ateast inform somone with the same issue for help.