Original topic:

Auto Switch not functioning properly between Galaxy watch 3 and 4

(Topic created: 05-17-2024 03:19 AM)
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung needs to improve this. Auto switch from the Watch 4 to Watch 3 is inconsistent, most times I have to go to the Wearable app and sync. When I want to switch back to the 4 it's fine, every time. The Watch 3 is on Tizen but why should that matter. 

4 Replies
texturedwall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you attempted to back up your watch data to facilitate the transfer of your existing data from your Galaxy Watch4 to Galaxy Watch3? Although it may not be the most efficient method, if Smart Switch is experiencing technical difficulties, I recommend backing up your data and subsequently uploading it to the Watch3.
0 Likes
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks but I don't mean Smart Switch, I mean Auto Switch. Like if I take my watch 4 off my wrist and put it on the charger and put my watch 3 on my wrist the Wearable app is supposed to recognize that and switch to my watch 3. The Wearable app is inconsistent at it and my phone is always within the proper range to sync it.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@JRStewart The difficulty might be using the Tizen watch. I have a GW5Pro and GW6Classic and the auto switch works perfectly. 

You could try wiping the cache for the wearable app, or even wiping the phone's device cache partition. If that doesn't do it, reset both watches and reconnect to your phone. Drastic but it might solve the issue. 

Other than that, you could submit the issue via the Samsung Members app. Since Tizen watch support has started to end at Samsung you might not get a solution. 

0 Likes
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
@LongHiker thank you for those suggestions, I will try that. GW3 still runs perfectly so I may have to manual sync it which is no big deal but it would be nice if the auto switch function would just work every time switching between the 3 and the 4.
0 Likes