JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Auto detection NOT working when cycling!

(Topic created: 02-10-2023 04:21 PM)
derekp534
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi guys, I own the Samsung galaxy watch 4 46mm classic. Well when I go to work out on my cycling bike at the gym it's not automatically detecting my workout. I use to own the galaxy active watch 2 classic. That one actually detected after 10mins of continuously riding the bike. My watch is up to date (software wise) and I do have the auto detection on (along with all the choices of detection you want on.) I can't seem to figure out if this watch just doesn't do it in general or if I have to do something else? If anybody can help me out, or needs more information on the issue, please feel free to get a hold of me. Thank you very much yours truly, -Derek. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out Derek. I can certainly understand your concern with the auto-detect cycling workout not working for you and I would be happy to look into this further for you. Just to clarify, are you using these steps in this link to set up your cycling auto-detection: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083510/

Please note under Step 4, the cycling autodetect workout feature is not available for the Watch4, Watch5, and watch 6.

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

4 Replies
aaerei
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Now this is a tough say.
0 Likes
aaerei
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would try on finding a youtube video on how to diagnose it, if Samsung had a self - diagnose feature, go there and test all features, if it's all fine, then my advice would be to test it by running? Perhaps the watch activates when moving your arm.
0 Likes
derekp534
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I looked can't find it. Crazy how they come out w this watch and take away features!! It's absurd, samsung told me it will be working by next month. 4 some reason I don't believe them!!
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out Derek. I can certainly understand your concern with the auto-detect cycling workout not working for you and I would be happy to look into this further for you. Just to clarify, are you using these steps in this link to set up your cycling auto-detection: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083510/

Please note under Step 4, the cycling autodetect workout feature is not available for the Watch4, Watch5, and watch 6.

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.