Auto switch not working

(Topic created on: 1/15/21 8:49 PM)
ScotHarkins
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Note 10+ (T-Mo US model num  
SM-N975U).
1 Active 2 (with cell connection configured, T-Mo US).
1 Gear S3 (cellular capable but not configured).
1 Gear S2 (cell capable but not configured).
- All on latest respective ROMs, phone and watches.
Galaxy Wearable 2.2.37.20122461.

I understand that "auto switch" seems to be about whichever watch is worn at the moment, even if both are powered on. This really is about connecting automatically to whichever watch is powered on and in range.

I only use one watch at a time, primarily the Active 2, sometimes the S3, rarely the S2. Others are powered off when one in use.

When I power up whichever one it does not automatically connect to the Wear app. I open the Wear app, which shows the last connected watch. I select the current watch and tap connect. The connection completes and remains connected, and reconnects if I power off to charge (faster) and later power on.

So reconnects to last connected watch, but does not automatically connect to another paired watch when powered on.

This used to work. I could power off the Active 2 and power on the S3 and it all worked just fine. Now not so much.

This feels like a support case type of thing, but starting here in case.
3 Replies
Bjpuhala
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am having the same issue. I have a Galaxy Watch 3 LTE (AT&T) and a Galaxy Active 2. I always have to manually switch them.
0 Likes
userrMSz2ZCVHO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am have the same issue. S20 ultra with galaxy watch and sport watch. Used to work flawlessly.
0 Likes
whoezdaboss
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having the same issue on the note20 ultra 5g AND on my note10+ both phones unlocked.

I have gear 3 watch and galaxy watch.

I have reset both phones, both watches, fresh installs and same issue persist.

I have even reset bluetooth, cleared cache.

at this point it's a software configuration issue!
0 Likes