Original topic:

Automatic backups for Galaxy Watch 4 not happening.

(Topic created: 04-20-2022 06:35 PM)
realaud
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can anyone tell me why my Galaxy Watch 4 is not backing up automatically? I have a Galaxy S10 lite and the most recent version of the wearable app. I have the watch settings in the app to backup automatically, yet it appears that my watch only gets backed up when I do it manually.

At first, I thought it only backed up when a changes to the configuration/apps/settings were made, but that doesn't appear to be the case. My Active 2 backed up overnight while I was sleeping. The phone is connected to the internet at night, the screen is off, my watch is in bedtime mode so the screen is off and it is connected to the phone via Bluetooth. All the conditions for automatic backup are present, yet it does not backup on its own.

While we are on the subject, there really should be a way to tell at a glance when the last backup was, as now one has to go into the settings, backup & restore, select the restore setting and look and see what the date was of the last backup. I think there should be a little blurb under one of those settings that says "last backup on xx/xx/xxxx so we don't have to do all that clicking just to check. Maybe put the backup date right under the watch face right when you open the wearable app.

Also, who thought it would be a good idea to add the date when all I want to do is pull down the watch face to see the battery level???

0 Likes
2 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, I noticed similar behavior. It last backed up 03/03 and then never backed even though I configured auto backup
0 Likes
realaud
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Interestinh, my last backup was 3/3 as well. At least until I manually just backed it up.
0 Likes