Original topic:

BEWARE Galaxy watch burning wrist

(Topic created on: 5/4/21 8:26 PM)
user0q3dsdSobo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased my Galaxy watch a little over 2 years ago, and I sprung for the "extended warranty". My watch has worked fine up until 2 days ago when I started noticing the back of the watch becoming extremely hot. It was so uncomfortable at one point I had to quickly remove because it was burning my skin. Im not sure why this issue has just started, but of course I'm 2 weeks outside of my warranty so I'll be stuck with the repair cost if I choose to fix. Just a little history of the watch usage I've never used the watch in water, and its only really used a few times a month while I'm at work the rest of the time it sits idle on my dresser.  Its very disappointing because in total I invested almost $400 in the purchase of this watch, and this seems to be a known issue that samsung is choosing not to address. I've been a loyal Samsung user for years, and the lack of concern for this issue feels like a huge kick in the gut. Save yourself the headache and don't purchase this product.

9 Replies
userzgIZp1h29V
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine burned my arm. I contacted Samsung and sent them the watch. Samsung Care (Juanita) sent me an email asking for photos of my arm. I sent them some. Samsung Care sent me another email offering to pay for or replace watch. I opted to replace watch. They did not address my burns. When I asked them about addressing my injury, they stopped responding to my emails. Now I have no watch and a scar from the burn on my arm. I have called and emailed. No one responds to my emails and corporate doesn't return my calls, even though it is supposed to have been escalated.  Now they are ghosting me. Initial contact was on 2/17/2021. 

MrsTish
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having the same I have burns on both my wrists.
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am very sorry to hear about this. I would like to have our specialized team look into this further. Please send a private message with the model code and the serial number of the watch. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey, just wanted to follow up. Are you still needing further assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
DrJmaicn1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, having an issue sending the private message from the link above. Sends me to the general page with no private message option...do I select chat?
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

My apologies. Try this link: http://bit.ly/2XERsky If the link still does not work, you can go to any of the moderators' profiles and select to message one of us directly.

0 Likes
DrJmaicn1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I also had to stop wearing my Galaxy watch due to the back of the watch overheating and burning me. It was very uncomfortable to wear. I reached out for support via the Samsung wearable app but never got any resolution. I was excited to get the watch as a loyal Samsung customer (I have the ear buds too) for over a decade and enjoyed the watch for a few months before I had to set it aside. In the midst of the pandemic, I didn't stress over not having the watch as much but I am extremely disappointed and now feel cheated and refuse to purchase another one. I have yet to see any solution offered...
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you were experiencing i would be happy to assist you further. Can you please provide me the following information in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Name:
Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@DrJmaicn1 Good morning, I just wanted to follow to see if you are still in need of assistance?

0 Likes