JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 08-11-2020 04:16 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
user48EgPb4DTB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My active two watch fell off after 4 months.  It is still under warranty which it was returned for repairs.  I just received a text after just over 10 days from when it was sent to Samsung for repairs that they are not repairing it.  I was unable to receive an explanation as to why they were cancelling the repair ticket (no fault to the customer service agents, they were great) but the repair center was closed and they did not put in any notes as to why.  The back of the watch fell off, it was never under water or suffered abuse of being worn during a worker out(unlike my GEAR S 2 which is still in relatively great condition).  I have to call back tomorrow during the repair center's hours of operation to obtain more information, this is highly unsatasfactory and recommend that no one buys this watch until Samsung comes up with/or develops a better adhesive(back was only glued on it appears).  I'll provide updates as to my experience with this common issue once I am able to obtain more information from the repair facility. 

JohnRichard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey @user48EgPb4DTB ... any updates?

0 Likes
userdx1oLreUSU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The watch was replced by Samsung.

JohnRichard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's very good news! Thanks
0 Likes
numb3rwhiz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My GF's Active2 that I bought for her had the back plate fall of the heart rate sensor. I send it in using the normal warranty process, and now they are charging me saying that it is an Operating System/Software Issue. I call the Samsung support line, and the woman on the other end tells me that the technicians discovered damage to the charging housing. So what is going on? Is it an OS issue or physical hardware issue?

Seeing that this is a common issue on the Active2 watches in general, how has anyone else that has gone through this fared? Seems ridiculous that Samsung isn't taking responsiblity for faulty glue. 

0 Likes
user2mxH45y5Kz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

The back sensor cover keeps falling off. There is some type of Adhesive that is exposed. I've read the other posts but did not see any solutions aside from replacing the watch. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model number and serial number/IMEI? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useriirSAeisgH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi!

I had the same issue, but it happened while swimming so the phone now won't turn on.

I sent you a private message.

0 Likes
JohnRichard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi @useriirSAeisgH I didn't receive your Private Message.  I had created a Support request through the Moderators (see post #1 with Accepted Solution for Contact Info).  They were very helpful in setting it up.  They ended up fixing it under warranty no charge.  Looks likes charges vary upon reading through this thread though, depending upon their analysis of the watch when they receive it.  I can say in our case, the watch had never been in water of any kind.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
userHum3wkv0gU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Galaxy Watch that I really like but I have had this problem 2 times now.  The back fell off and I sent it in to be fixed.  Since I have had it back, I have been very careful not to get it wet just in case.  I have noticed when I sweat my watch seems to slide and I think that isn't good for the back/sensor.  It has come off again.  Is there a way I can fix this myself, as I am sure they will not fix it again, plus it takes a bit to send it in and get it fixed and I use it quite a bit.  I hope someone has a fix.

0 Likes