JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 05-06-2020 07:12 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
usertm2oIfGeO5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've had the same problem. I sent it back to Samsung, they repaired it by putting on another one of those adhesive rings, from what I can now see. I love the watch but the quality is not what it should be compared to what it costs. It's ashame really. I will contact Samsung AGAIN and they'd better not say that it's my fault and that I have to pay for it! All of these complaints about the same issue should be raising flags that this IS a valid issue with the product!
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sorry to hear about this. This would be a servicable issue.

Please note, that if there's any water or sweat that has gotten in the exposed components, this could cause liquid damage to your unit. Liquid damage is not covered by the manufacterer's warranty, so any needed repairs would have costs associated. 

If you are out of warranty, please reach out to our depot team to obtain pricing for repairs - 1-310-669-4334. 

For in warranty units that are experienicng these symptoms please reach out to us one of the following ways: 

Contact Moderator

Contact us on Facebook

Contact us on Twitter

Call us at 1-800-726-7864

BobGates153
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

@ SamsungJustin

It really burns me to see you say over and over again that liquid damage is not covered on a watch that is supposed to be able to be used for swimming! As many many users have reported on these forums, Samsung uses the excuse of water damage to refuse to repair their watches for free and wants to charge almost the full original cost for a repair. <edit>

userocjEPBQkVT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

the same thing happened   to my galaxy watch; never been  near water and I don't wear  it to bed because if I do the watch goes flat from a 100% charge

Many problems, all its good for is the time; will not but another Samsung

0 Likes
dlberke
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This just happened to me. Is it worth trying to get it repaired? Or should I just buy a new one? I think this one is 2 years old.

0 Likes
userBWijjUDKwz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having same issue.

ISSUE: Sweat is causing the back cover  to come off. The only thing that holds the back cover on, is a thin ring of adhesive.

I live in Arizona. It's hot and can be sweaty just sitting at my computer.

I superglued the back cover back on. It still seems to work, but I was fed up with support saying the issue is due to water and not covered. Won't buy another Samsung watch again.

0 Likes
userrEjJ6YBGp8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

Can ANYONE let me know how to go about repairing my Galaxy Watch (46mm - LTE)? The back/sensor cover fell off and actually burned me before shutting off only to never come back on. I have a few little dots/burns on me to show for it, which does not sit well being that this is a $400 watch that's less than a year old.

I'm not pleased with the customer service I'm receiving AT ALL since NOBODY seems to even want to help without trying to sell me a Galaxy Active 2. I just want my watch back working again.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model number, serial number/IMEI, and pictures of the symptom you experiencing in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userb1guK9Ceuf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm experiencing the same problems, minus the burns.  I've contacted Samsung and they have no interest in fixing the problem.  These are not inexpensive watches and should last for several years.  The main reason I got this watch is for it to count steps, calories and heart rate.  With these elements not working, it is just an expensive watch.  Samsung, you should be able to fix these problems and not just ignore many customer's complaints. 

@userrEjJ6YBGp8 wrote:

Hello,

Can ANYONE let me know how to go about repairing my Galaxy Watch (46mm - LTE)? The back/sensor cover fell off and actually burned me before shutting off only to never come back on. I have a few little dots/burns on me to show for it, which does not sit well being that this is a $400 watch that's less than a year old.

I'm not pleased with the customer service I'm receiving AT ALL since NOBODY seems to even want to help without trying to sell me a Galaxy Active 2. I just want my watch back working again.

userrEjJ6YBGp8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Start a separate/individual thread. You'll have a better chance of catching their attention & getting a response from them. I responded to someone else's thread a while back & there was no response or acknowledgment from them, but when I started my own thread/complaint they replied within a few hours, actually catching me by surprise. They worked pretty quickly to get it resolved too. Got my watch back & working as new.