Original topic:

Battery Drain After Latest February 28, 2021 Update

(Topic created on: 3/2/21 4:29 AM)
user235CXKPQiO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I installed the February 28, 2021 update on my Watch Active 2 yesterday  morning.  Since I installed the update the battery is draining from a full charge to no battery in 45 minutes to an hour.   Anyone else having these issues?  

24 Replies
userI7uq2upYDD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, many other people are having this problem, as indicated by all the responses on my previous post. However, they've locked that post for new comments, so I hope someone with a solution comes across this and shares with us!

useriJOteSAdUZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Agreed! I am having the same problem, and I am going to be infuriated if my expensive watch continues to be nearly unusable after this update. I can't periodically stop my day to charge my dying watch, and I'm more than a little p&sed off that I spent so much money buying the d&mn thing.

Gizmoeg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
As well my Galaxy Watch also goes from 100% to 0 in no time. I was excited reading about new features being added and how great they are only to have the watch unusable! How does this happen? Is there not beta testing done for all the different watches once a new OS is developed? Argh!!>:(
Darkmixer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem after the update with my Galaxy Watch. First I thought that the drainage was caused by being exposed to cold, but today I haven't been outside and it went from 100 - 15% in less then 2 hours. I hope that there is a new update very soon that will fix the problem, because right now it's just an expensive "brick". :\

userjUBjM4CRm0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same experience. My battery drains even on charger after the update. It is now merely an expensive watch that counts my step - I need to keep in flight mode all the time. Samsung Sweden says that they haven't heard anything about this and suggests that I hand in my watch to have it repaired. They should know as well as I do that it isn't broken but that a bug fix is needed. Very disappointed that they don't help out here.

userd55JZ4pq3U
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same issue with battery drain.  Won't even touch it and it dies within a few hours. Also no matter what setting I turn off on phone or watch,  the wifi keeps automatically turning on, on my phone.  Only does it when watch is on.  So it's a watch update issue.  Might be making switch to Apple if this is not fixed soon. 

Maris Kaatje
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm experiencing the same problem. My watch also keeps notifying me that it's connected to my wifi-network, so that means it's constantly reconnecting or something, which causes the battery drain, or so I thought. But when I see all these posts about battery drain since the last update, I'm not sure anymore what the problem is... Also did reset (connection reset as well as factory reset) but it didn't help.
I really hope there's an answer for this, because it's really annoying :(

0 Likes
user235CXKPQiO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I followed Samsung's recommended solution and performed a factory reset of my watch.  Now my phone will not pair with my watch.  To make matters worse the factory reset did not resolve the battery issue on the watch.   The battery is draining from a full charge to zero in 45 minutes.

userifJ4Bvbb92
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the exact same problem. If I turn off wifi and screen and don't use it, will drain within a few hours. If I use strava or samsung health to record a run, it will die within an hour. Before update I could use screen always on, record a 6 mile run, use various apps throughout the day and still be above 50% by bedtime. Update is hot garbage