Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Battery Drain on Galaxy Watch

Hello everyone,

I need help.

3 days ago I started having this problem with my samsung galaxy smart watch.

I recharge it to 100% till midnight and on morning when I wake up it is around 70% battery.

Before I recharge it evert 3rd day. Now i need to recharge almost 2 times per day.

I tried all fixes from forums, turn off notifications, wheather, etc etc. But nothing helped.

Please assist me.

software version is R800XXU1DTG1

tizen verison 4.0.0.7

please can somebody help me out

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Battery Drain on Galaxy Watch

I started to have the same problem with my watch today.
Highlighted
Astronaut

All of a sudden the battery starts draining from 100% to 0 in 6 hours
Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same problem. The watch will be at 100% when I take it off the charger in the morning but after about four-five hours of normal use/wear the battery will be at 0%. I got the watch new in January.

Highlighted
Astronaut

hi  i am having the same issue since august there is another thread from august with tons of people saying the same thing , it seems samsung is ignoring the issue which is not good especially for the price of the tech and the other competitors in the market.

i have tried many things like battery optimization to deleting apps, reset etc.... nothing seems to work.

the only thing i have found sometimes works is turning it off at the end of the day charge it and turn it back on in the morning most times the battery drain is around 5% if i dont use it for anything other than the time , but some times it will drain 30% or more without using it .

i wish samsung would at least reply to some of these threads

Highlighted
Constellation

i put last month protective glass on watch screen and I thought that could cause battery drain, but even when i removed the glass same thing.

I called the samsung shop where i bought my watch and they said to tey to reset the watch and charge it up to 100%. there is something with the last software update that cause this battery drain. but it is not 100%sure

Highlighted
Constellation

SOLUTION: (at least for me)

I stopped showering with my watch and putting it in water lock mode. I haven't had a bad battery day since.

I think putting it in water lock mode has some impact on the battery life and causes it to drain quickly for the next couple of days.

@renatomne 

@DaJimsta 

@jcinmn 

@Fusion2020 

Highlighted
Constellation

Also having the same issues with my watch active 2. dies within 6 hours off the charger since the last update. samsung needs to get it together
Highlighted
Constellation

I'm also having the same issue. It will be fully charged in the am.. By 9:30am today it shut down. Tried to reboot, the screen comes on to the "Samung" logo and then shuts down. 0% battery now.

I had this same issue with the first Galaxy watch. Bought the latest one and now the issue again.

Very dissapointed with Samsung and their lack of response. I own 3 samung tv's, 2 tables and have had multiple phones. My confidence level in Samsung is diminishing.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm having the same problem.