cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Battery Drain

I have about a 2 year old Samsung Galaxy Watch paired to the Galaxy S10, and ever since the latest update the battery has been draining rediculously fast. I have been searching the internet and these boards for an answer. I don't really see any answers, I tried calling customer support, but I don't have time to wait 45 minutes for samsung customer service to answer my call. So I will try here. Software was last updated on 18 DEC 2019 with One UI Version 1.5, Tizen version 4.0.0.7, Software version R810XXU1DSL1. I have reset, uninstalled, reinstalled, turned this and that off and on like all the "troubleshooting" guides have suggested, but the problem still persists. Is there a fix that Samsung is hiding from us. Based on the numerous other posts, I can see that I'm not the only one with this issue. Can someone plese help.  

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Battery Drain

Sounds like it might be time for a new battery. Batteries degrade over time and usually by year 2 you should be looking into replacing your battery.

Highlighted
Constellation

Me too, My Baterry drain went I update the last firmware (R810XXU1DSL1) 2 day ago.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have similar problem witch battery after updated. Samsung pls fix it

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, those troubleshooting steps didn't really help. There the same ones that are in every other thread. As of the time I asked the original question, magically the power stopped draing as fast. This weekend I was able to go a full day with the watch, but it's still far from what it used to be, and far from what Samsung is advertising that watches' battery life to be. Did Samsung sneak in a secret fix that doesn't show up as an update? Who knows. It may be time to switch to a new smartwatch brand. <edit> i really like the Samsung Galaxy watch. As far as changing the battery, if it were bad, or going bad, battery life would diminish of time, not over night, i.e it wouldn't be good one day and not the next. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

That is wrong with my phone too

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userHCJ43Tn2D1 & @Samsung_h2TGqRa Please send a private message with the model code and the serial number of the watch so I may look into this further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please send a private message with the model code and the serial number of the watch so I may look into this further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have recently updated my watch to this software version as well and its doing the same thing.