Original topic:

Battery drain on the Galaxy watch 4

(Topic created: 08-27-2021 04:20 PM)
dortyboy
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

My new galaxy watch 4 seems to have. Battery drain issue. The watch drains faster than my Galaxy active 2 

Anyone noticed that or is it just me 
14 Replies
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have it too. It doesn't survive whole day with the same usage pattern. My Watch 3 easily survived whole day and night. I was charging it in the mornings. My new Watch 4 Classic I need to charge twice a day. Very disappointed :-(.

dortyboy
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine too I'm down to 60% n this is unusual. My watch 2 would be 85 this time of day
jlilnc14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

that's not normal. I'm getting 48 hours. Screen off, only way to wake screen is to rotate bezel and buttons. Heart rate every 10 mins. Wifi on, location off, 02 sensor on when sleeping and snore detect on as well. Vibration for text and messages

Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Watch 3 LTE survived whole day with AlwaysOnDisplay and couple of workouts total 1-1:30 hour. For the night I turned AlwaysOnDisplay  off and it kept going. All connectivity (W-Fi, BT) was on. I was charging every morning and it was still 10-20% left. I was using LTE functionality (calls, SMS) as well but not that much. I was fine with it and I was expecting the same. Not better but definitely not much worse. I have Watch 4 for  a couple of days and what I experience makes me regret the upgrade. With the easier use it doesn't make 5pm. Just now charging level suddenly dropped from 60% down to 10% in a matter 15 minutes. Most likely this watch has some SW issues regarding to battery life. So if you don't want to charge your watch twice a day stay away from Watch 4 for now. Until Samsung will fix this issue if it can be fixed. 

Samsung, seems that jumping in the bed with Google wasn't right move.You can loose line of products. I'll keep use my Watch 4 Classic for a week or two and if battery life will not be improved  I'll be sending it back. Features don't matter if you can't use them because of poor battery life.

0 Likes
jlilnc14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you tried a reset? You have both watch software updates?
0 Likes
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, I have updated SW right after I have activated it. It supposed to work properly right of the box. 

0 Likes
jlilnc14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
That **bleep**, my lasts exactly 48 hours. My GW3 lasts almost 3 days.
0 Likes
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

You are not supposed to make sacrifices. It shall keep running whole day whatever you do. And Watch 3 does. Just don't include features which can ruin it. Period.

0 Likes
usersCN16FIdqp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here…I am getting about 52 hrs (6 day average). Wearing it overnight (SpO2 off, though; AOD off, 46mm GW4C Bluetooth). It may take a few days for the battery to settle, or you got a lemon….

0 Likes