Did you mean: 
user7JpOlMkMJs
Astronaut

Re: Battery drain since last update

Shady AND sloppy

UKWildCATnSC-88
Astronaut

I have experienced very similar battery "performance" since the recent update(s).  

For example: I went to bed last night with 85-90% battery power.

- I turned ON "Good Night Mode" to track my sleep like I always do.

- Turned ON Airplane Mode to reduce battery usage. 

- Went to bed around 11pm (85-90% battery charge) and woke up at 3am and watch was nearly dead! Less than 10% battery power remaining!

That has NEVER Happened before.

I put the watch on to charge and had a full charge by 5 am. I am also seeing a much faster draining of the battery during the day. I am attempting to temporarily manage it by turning off HR monitoring to be ON DEMAND instead of "Every 10 Minutes while still".

Please find a fix for quick battery draining!!!

userkCY6CePyfM
Constellation

After the last update (in my case SM-R800 R800XXU1DSL1) like several users, I also noticed severe battery drain. However after a couple of resets this seemed to have disappeared, but when i powered off the watch and turn it back on it starts draining again and last only for 2 days instead of previously 5-6 days. I have tested this several times (resetting, leave the watch on, updated all the apps) and battery consumption was back to normal, but ones booted it goes back to two days? This must be some kind of bug in the latest build, and I do not want to reset the watch every time it has rebooted (especially not paired with an IPhone with lacking proper backup facilities).

Please fix this issue.

userTcm3WQ5fjS
Astronaut

Has anyone made any progress with this ever? All complaints seem the same and all results as well. Any time a samsung rep jumps in the conversation it seems to go nowhere and people are advised to send their watches for ridiculously high repair charges. The problem is always the same too which is the same thing that is now happening with my Gear S3 watch. I've had it about 2.3 years and suddenly overnight the battery life dropped dramatically. It went from about 1.5-2 days of use to about half a day. Also seemed to coincide with software update like everyone elses. Can Samsung really not come up with a fix for this???

userbMXbKsN5Ei
Asteroid

Yes I am experiencing the same issues with my Gear S3.  I would wear my watch at around 5:30am and come back home at 5pm with 32% left.  Now by the time I get home, It's down to 15% to 10% range.  I bought another charger for work so I can charge during mid day.  This is ridiculous.  Please fix this.

Mord4
Astronaut

Is any update that fix the problem?

user7JpOlMkMJs
Astronaut

Same question as same issue.

userdyv884zMQW
Astronaut

Still waiting on answer to this, mine has severely dropped since the jan update.

Highlighted
userOR9xcqQBvd
Constellation

Same problem here. Used to get around 3 days and now since last update not even lasting 24 hours