cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Battery drain since last update

Hi,

Since the last update (Jan 2020), the battery drain on my galaxy watch is terrible. Normally I charge my watch every 3rd day (over night) and it still normally has between 20 -30% left. It's only lasting a day since the update. The watch is only about 6 weeks old. Samsung please fix. 

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Battery drain since last update

I have the same issue, all was good since I bought it 18 months ago, have not changed how I se it and gone from 3 days to 1 day before I need to charge. There is obvs a problem with the new update But Samsung will take months to sort it.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue here. Started happening right after the latest update. Frustrating.

Highlighted
Asteroid

UPDATE:

After the battery went flat and I restarted the watch the battery seemed to improve again meaning I was getting 3 days use again although instead of 20-30% left it was more like 10-15%.

It had another update last week and it has gotten even worse. I was getting 3 days use and now it's down to less than 2 days meaning I have to charge it every night if I want to use it all day. The HR sensor is every 10 mins, I don't monitor REM sleep, WiFi off, screen brightness on 5. And it's been like this since I got it in November. Each update seems to make the battery worse. It's cant be that the battery is degrading already as the drop in performance happens exactly after the updates. 

Samsung please sort this out!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does the battery drain quickly when the device is in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I haven't tried safe mode. How to I do that?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Press and hold the Power button until the Power off menu appears then release.
Touch and hold Power off until the Safe mode prompt appears then release.
To confirm, tap Safe mode.
The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete.
Upon reboot, “Safe mode” should appear in the lower-left of the home screen.
Check for the problem.
If the issue goes away on safe mode, turn safe mode off by pulling down the notification shade from the top and tapping on the notification. This should allow you to check if the issue returns. If it does, you’ll need to identify the bad app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

The process above to boot into safe mode does not seem to work. If I pres and hole the "power off" button nothing happens and eventually the screen just turns off. It appears the process above works on phones but not watches.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I apologize for the misinformation, give this link a shot. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have tried the process described in the link above which basically consists of "turning it off and on again". I have rebooted the phone and watch and they are both up to date on the latest software. 

The issue is still exactly the same. I don't have any 3rd party apps installed. I haven't changed any settings for weeks (not even the watch face). It started happening exactly after the last update so it is clearly a software issue. Not the first one I've had either. I had the same problem with my gear fit pro. I even bought another one to make sure it wasn't the watch and after a certain update it went faulty. Samsung need to sort their updates out. For a company the size of Samsung to be releasing buggy updates to their premium products is frustrating and disappointing. Either they are doing it on purpose to make people buy a newer product or they are doing it by mistake. So it is either shady or sloppy.