JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Battery is bad, Texts don't work.

(Topic created: 12-09-2019 07:54 AM)
usersTqy6rQkAl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey! So, I got a Samsung Galaxy Watch, Midnight Black, 42mm, SM-185U. I can receive messages and calls, but it won't let me send either. Also, the battery barely lasts one day on a full charge. I don't use it heavily. I don't know what's wrong. Help would be appreciated! Thanks! 

Extra info: I use an iPhone 6s with Lycamobile being my carrier

0 Likes
10 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch

Make sure your using Samsungs messages and not any other ones

0 Likes
usersTqy6rQkAl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@NickManDude 

@NickManDude wrote:

Make sure your using Samsungs messages and not any other ones

I use an iPhone 6s, and Lycamobile as my data plan. I don't know whether you want me to download a texting app on the watch, or if you wanted me to do something on the iPhone. 

0 Likes
usersTqy6rQkAl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

When you say other texting apps, do you mean on the watch or my iPhone 6s? Also, yes, I do have always on. I didn't realize it used that much battery. Thanks, @pabloman!

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usersTqy6rQkAl Is the watch a Bluetooth or LTE version?

0 Likes
usersTqy6rQkAl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@SamsungJoJo , how do I check that? I'm not sure.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Is your watch capable of using a SIM card? Also, could you do me a favor and double-check your model code for me?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usersTqy6rQkAl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@SamsungJace , idk if I can use sim card for my watch. The model is SM-R815U.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

In that case, I would have to agree with @pabloman your best bet would be to use a third party texting application. With your phone being an iPhone iMessages might not work completely.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usersTqy6rQkAl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

So would you like me to download something like Whatsapp on my phone? Or download something on the watch. Also, when I try to connect to a mobile network, it says my carrier isn't compatible. I use Lycamobile.

@SamsungJace wrote:

In that case, I would have to agree with @pabloman your best bet would be to use a third party texting application. With your phone being an iPhone iMessages might not work completely.

0 Likes