Original topic:

Battery lasts 6 hours ><

(Topic created: 10-27-2021 03:00 PM)
usertjTciseC1Y
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just brought 3 galaxy watch 4 classics.... waste of my hard earned $.

Fully charged, screen off, Bluetooth off, updated and reset.... still only get 6 hours battery life out of each watch. Sooo much for being able to locate and text my kids at school pick up because with pretty much 0 use all day they all 3 are flat.

Samsung tech help line are useless they are reading manuals whilst I wait and trying random stuff to make it last. 

Fully charged they say 20 hours battery life but we end up with 6.

What do I do????? $600 each and they are useless for making calls at 3pm 

4 Replies
rugby49
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have the 46mm classic 4 with LTE.  The wear app has a battery feature which will show you what the battery usage is for each app.  I have found so far that the watch does not like to be separated from phone (bluetooth disconnect).  Typically will drain for me at 6% per hour.  Also tested both YouTube Music and Spotify for music with exercise.  Either service will use 30% battery for an hour of exercise with GPS.  I have been under 40% before 9:00am and typically have to put watch on the charger during shower.  But check the Wear app for each phone to see if one app or more is chewing up battery.  

0 Likes
ArKa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah the battery life is A W F U L. I have wifi, location, mobile data, AOD all turned off. Literally Bluetooth only mode and can't make it past 3 or 4pm before turning on power saver, and it still doesn't make it home.

I go to bed with it at 100% and wake up at 73%. Thank God I'm only paying for the cellular service because this would otherwise be a waste of money.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
Deep dive into your settings each app, turn off the stuff some apps dont need to have permissions for and cripple the ones you dont need. Auto wifi will drain your battery fast. So will max brightness. And, having a bunch of useless notifications coming in.
0 Likes
userbKDYeQ22yi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung is well aware of the battery issues, but refuses to acknowledge them or take responsibility. I am currently in discussions with an attorney regarding a Class Action against Samsung for this very issue.
0 Likes