Original topic:

Battery life needs help. I would take 2 days charge at this point

(Topic created: 09-26-2021 07:14 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch
I assume Samsung is going to release a firmware or software update that helps with the poor battery life.

GW4
S21 phone
8 Replies
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine takes a couple hours to fully charge to 100%.  Usually I charge it before bedtime so I can use for sleep tracking which uses about 15% of battery.  So I got about 85% left when I woke up.  My current watch software is BUI5.  My GW4 has all sensors turned on continuously, and WiFi is on.   AOD is off Screenshot_20210926_075840_batterysavingsettings.png

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
AOD?
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

AOD = Always ON Display.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ah yeah. I have that off as well
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a habit of using  "Close all" on the watch.   It's closed all app's that were previously opened.  Maybe that's why I got a full potential of watch battery usage.

0 Likes
SleepyTurtles
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah, the battery life on the GW4 is terrible, especially compared to the gen1 GW. I easily got 5 days between charges with the wifi enabled. My GW3 went about 3 days (also with wifi enabled), and now I rarely hit the 2 day mark with with my GW4 (wifi disabled). Enable snore detection, and I have to charge it daily. Why is battery life getting worse with each new generation instead of better?
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

I think It's because of having a faster processor,  and better display.  

0 Likes
JosephnK
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Welcome to Android wear. Without Google assistant available, and Samsung kneecapping the SpO2 sensor on the watch active 2, there's every reason to get the discounted last generation hardware.