cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user6jVt2m209X
Constellation

Bezel Came Off..

I have a 46mm Galaxy Watch and the rotating bezel popped off in which the 4 tiny ball bearings came out along with the little springs that it has.  The watch is not broker, its merely the bezel popped off.  I was told warranty would not cover this after I had sent it in and Samsung told me I would have to pay $250 for a new LCD screen!!!  There is no issue with the LCD screen and I am not paying 2/3 the price I paid for the watch for an unnecessary repair.  So, I will repair it myself, right?  I was given Samsungs parts facility to call and what was I told?  THEY DONT SELL THOSE PARTS!  So now I am stuck in a rock and a hard place and Samsung has been ZERO help with helping fix this problem.  I have been a fan of Samsung products for my entire life but this issue and how it is being handled makes me want to throw out every Samsung product I have.  Does anyone else have a solution seeing Samsung could care less about a customer??

3 REPLIES 3
userntHX2WEwR1
Astronaut

Re: Bezel Came Off..

Hi Brother (or Sister),

I had the same problem  and Samsung is unable/unwilling to assist.  But I found a European solution.  You will have to buy the fix in Euro (about $10 USD) plus shipping but it is what you need for the bezel to remain in place.  I have attached a link to a supplier of the Bezel Gasket and springs you need to fix!

https://rounded.com/samsung-galaxy-gear-s2-sm-r720-gasket-set-gh82-10772a.html

Let me  know if you have any questions.

userP9UtQIMj5B
Constellation

Just had the exact same experience. Happened after 80 days of ownership. Warranty reads as follows:

"SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMERICA, INC." warrants that this Product is free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for the warranty period. The warranty period commences upon the date of purchase by the first consumer purchaser and continuing for the following specified period of time after that date:

Device :1 Year
Batter(ies)*, including Internal Batteries :1 Year
Other Accessories*:1 Year

They won't warranty it, claiming an impact voided the warranty. Essentially I guess they are saying I ripped the Bezel off the watch or did something crazy while I was wearing the watch. Pretty insulting.

Hoping somebody posts a place to source parts as I have found none

I'm disgusted that I have spent so much money on Samsung products over the years becasue I'm feeling pretty cheated. Can't do business with a company that doesn't honor their warranties.

userP9UtQIMj5B
Constellation

After being quoted $250.00 to repair my watch, I ordered the Genuine Samsung Gear S3 Gasket Set, Bale Bearing, Spring Set GH82-12947A. $6.51 plus $14.95 shipping from Nutel Solutions Ltd in the UK. Part was not available in the US. Repair took 3 minutes.  Really don't understand how thye get to $250.00.

Not only do they not stand behind the quality of their product, they go a step further by ripping of their custmers on the repair.