cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Bixby update Active 2 9/24/2020

On 9/24/2020 went to use bixby and saw there was an update. Went on to the wearables app and notices a few updates including the ECG feature. Downloaded and installed all the items and two items gave me an issue when  installing. Samsung Health and Bixby. After a few restarts samsung health finally updated and the ECG feature started working with some issues. I couldn't get Bixby to update each time install was tried the install option would reappear. Then eventually the screen would go back to the home screen. Tried Bixby again and same message appeared to update. My wife also has the active 2 with the same issue with bixby didn't notice an issue with samsung health. Yes I checked the amount of space, tried a reboot and a few other thing. Before I actually  complete reset of the watch and since my wife and others I know are having this issue not sure a reset would fix the issue. I tried reaching out to samsung support and they wanted me to send the watch in to be looked at. Again I wouldn't mind doing this if it was only one watch. I know at least 3 people I have seen try to update Bixby experiencing the same issue

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Bixby update Active 2 9/24/2020

I'm having the exact same issue, kinda frustrating.
Highlighted

Thank you for confirming the buxby issue. Would like to see how long it will take samsung to respond and or fix the issue without the need to send my watch to samsung for repairs.

Highlighted
Astronaut

The other updates went through fine just can't use bixby
Highlighted
Constellation

same problem with my new Active 2. Bixby will not update on it.
Highlighted
Constellation

I am experiencing the same issue. After update on Galaxy Active 2 Smartwatch Bixby will not update. The update downloads but will not install keeps looping back into update mode. This was after the big update that adds some Galaxy watch 3 features

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Same issue.

I'm disappointed/worried/angry that Samsung seems to be regressing back to point where there would always be software issues.    It's infruriating that the latest Tizen update really hurt the quality of the Workout apps--one of my favorite things about the watch.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same issue here. Galaxy Watch Active 2. Bixby is currently unusable. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried the following?

Backing up your smart watch

Resetting your smart watch

Setting up your smart watch

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted

No and like I mentioned in my post this is not an acceptable fix to the issue. Not saying I wont try it but feel If I was only one person with the issue I would agree with the solution. There are many people having the same issue and samsung should acknowledge there is an issue they caused on the last update.