cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Black screen

Bought this watch about 10 months ago, had periodic screen issues. Today every text and e mail that came through didn't show up, samsung pay kept showing up.  I turned off that notification and then just got a black screen. The watch works but I have no screen. Unacceptable quality.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Black screen

Now the watch doesn't do anything.  It wont turn on, it was 96 percent charged when this happened.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Good mornimg @user8b5mjpLqsT I am sorry to hear your Galaxy Watch hasn't been behaving properly. You may need to perform a hard reset on your Galaxy Watch to get rid of this issue. Since you said your Galaxy Watch was at 96% the power doesn't seem to he an issue. 

First what you will want to do is back up the data from your Galaxy Watch on the Galaxy Wear app. This will ensure that everything will be right back where it was before you did a recovery of your watch. Open the Galaxy Wear app> next tap "account and backup"> then "back up data"

The next thing you'll want to do once your data on the watch has been backed up. 

On your Galaxy Watch press and hold the Power button to power down the watch if you can. >then the "power off" button should appear on the watch face> once you power the watch off> this will be the important part press and hold the power button again until you see the Galaxy Watch logo then tap the power button three times, this will take you into the recovery menu where you can press the power key to navigate to "recover" then press on hold the same button while it's on the recover option. This should do a full master reset on your galaxy watch to correct that issue.

I hope that works out for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

I was able to re boot my watch but now have the green screen/ flickering issue. Is this a known software issue or a problem with the actual screen? I would like this to be resolved before the 1 year warranty is up. Thanks