Original topic:

Blood pressure monitoring

(Topic created on: 5/1/21 2:48 PM)
useriZ6mB3FeFJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Does anyone know when BP monitoring will come to galaxy watch 3 in the United States? 
4 Replies
PeninaD
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I believe that it first has to be cleared by US-FDA.
0 Likes
mmani
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Was cleared in Jan-feb. For unclear reasons samsung is yet to enable updates to us phones, watches
0 Likes
userpX6yKz3YOK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Do you have a link to the source stating that the blood pressure monitoring was cleared by the FDA for use in the states back in Jan-Feb? Because as of just a few days ago Samsung still says that release is pending FDA clearance.

0 Likes
mmani
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
In an earlier posting I had stated my call with a health monitor app tech support affirmed fda approval and that she herself expressed consternation that Samsung had not enabled it for US users. Strange.
On top of that when today I called again I got this from another tech support guy who said that he got the link from health monitor group:
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082868/

That appears to lend credence to another post in this thread pointing to BP lab 2.0 research app is the de facto app: I would start believing it more strongly if non-US users assert in this forum that it is the same app they are using their respective (approved countries). Hope this helps.

Of course 2 months ago I got referred to bp lab 2.0 by another samsung tech: my experience with it is that it works <20% of the time.
So in short - I don't have a proving link. Just the tech person asserting: not sure if it's a provisional FDA ok allowing just bp lab 2.0

Apparently
0 Likes