cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userjSBafUrNf7
Astronaut

Bluetooth disconnecting watch from phone, I found the bug.

I was having issues with my watch not staying connected by Bluetooth. I looked at several forums and emailed and called Samsung. The troubleshooting methods do not fix it. So I decided to investigate many of the reviews and complaints and looked into my phone and watch and messed with a few things, found the root of the problem and it has worked great since. This debug I did on my own is critical for the phone to stay connected. Once the debug I discovered is done you will have no more issues. 

I can only release this information after Samsung contacts me directly as I noticed thousands of customers are having this issue without it being solved.

7 REPLIES 7
Ak24
Constellation

I've noticed it's been disconnecting as well I use my blu...

I've noticed it's been disconnecting as well I use my bluetooth in my car because I'm disabled and only have use of one hand please help when authorized by Samsung thanks

Samsung_12mIeaR
Astronaut

Same issue here, can you describe what you did to find it?

Same issue here, can you describe what you did to find it?

Milodog
Constellation

I have 2 Galaxy Note 9's and ever since they updated to A...

I have 2 Galaxy Note 9's and ever since they updated to Android 9 (PIE) I have had nothing but problems with the Bluetooth on these phones!

I have tried most of the "recommended" steps to remedy this problem:

Reset network settings

Change phone to developer mode/select Bluetooth AVRCP Version/change from 1.4 to 1.3

Completely resetting the phone

NONE OF THESE WORKED!!!!

I have to re-pair all of my Bluetooth devices (car-headset-watch) just about every day or so

Given the price of this phone, I would think it would function pretty flawlessly and though Samsung seems to deny that there is a problem it is VERY prevalent all, over the web!!!

I have had Galaxy phones ever since their inception and this is just about the last straw that may force me to go to Apple!!!

P

userin1qJuLL8C
Constellation

Re: Bluetooth disconnecting watch from phone, I found the bug.

Can you tell me how did you fix it? im having the same issue

@userjSBafUrNf7 wrote:

I was having issues with my watch not staying connected by Bluetooth. I looked at several forums and emailed and called Samsung. The troubleshooting methods do not fix it. So I decided to investigate many of the reviews and complaints and looked into my phone and watch and messed with a few things, found the root of the problem and it has worked great since. This debug I did on my own is critical for the phone to stay connected. Once the debug I discovered is done you will have no more issues. 

I can only release this information after Samsung contacts me directly as I noticed thousands of customers are having this issue without it being solved.

AnthonyMelb
Astronaut

Exact same issue here - SM-R800 Android Pie (non Samsung) phone wont connect (....or wont stay connected for long after I reboot phone) via Wear App (worked fine on earlier Android non-Samsung phone btw) look forward to update on how to fix this - its been months and I've almost given up! 

AnthonyMelb
Astronaut

Exact same issue here - SM-R800 Watch + Android Pie (non Samsung) phone: wont connect (....or wont stay connected for long after I reboot phone) via Wear App (worked fine on earlier Android non-Samsung phone btw) Look forward to update on how to fix this - its been months and I've almost given up! 

Neutron Star

I have my galaxy watch for over 6 months now and haven't...

I have my galaxy watch for over 6 months now and haven't experienced any disconnects. Used the watch with Pixel 2, Galaxy S10e and now with Note10. So there is "Samsung Accessory Service" that should not be under "optimize battery usage". Go to settings>apps>Samsung Accessory Service>battery>optimize battery usage and check to see if that Samsung accessory service is under "Apps not optimized. It might help