Original topic:

Body composition doesn't add up correctly on galaxy watch 4

(Topic created: 06-28-2022 06:48 AM)
usert7y2mWYFOU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Anyone else notice their watch cannot do math properly? In the body composition app I tell it I weigh a certain amount.  It does it thing while I have to stand in the most ridiculous position to get it to work. The metrics it spits out always adds up to 30 or more pounds than I weigh. Anyone else notice this. Is my watch faulty? If it is working as intended does samsung intend to fix this bug? In the current state the body composition app impedance measurement function of the watch is useless just a marketing gimmick.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Oxford
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Isn't there an old saying that the sum of the parts is typically greater than the whole?
0 Likes
cwinkler
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

at least yours is measuring - I keep getting "don't let your fingers touch your hand" even though my watch and fingers are nowhere close to my other hand (and always at around 74%). Have tried multiple times and always fails to measure composition. 

CWinkler
Galaxy S10+, Active2, Active4
0 Likes
Oxford
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Before you read any further, no I am not kidding, this does work. Try licking your fingers and licking your wrist where your watch is going to be so that the conductivity is better. I have almost a hundred percent success rate of getting body composition to work on the first try with this method.
0 Likes
cwinkler
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

it did work! thank you so much for this. 

On math, are you adding up body water, fat mass and skeletal muscle? If I just do body water and skeletal muscle my number gets pretty close to my weight, but not if I include fat mass. But that math's not consistent across different readings. I also have a Vont smart scale and it doesn't have any numbers that would add up to give my weight. My readings from the scale and today's on the watch were 9 days apart, but relatively similar to each other.

CWinkler
Galaxy S10+, Active2, Active4
0 Likes
ElWormo
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Check out the times & weights for this morning.  I  trusted the watch & app, until things went off the rails. What can explain, or correct these readings?

0 Likes