Original topic:

Bypassing pin on watch 4 classic

(Topic created: 11-17-2021 09:58 PM)
jb4kats2
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am setting up samsung pay on the watch 4 classic and in order to add the cards it requires you to use a pin for security which I don't mind doing but now when I wake the phone and Turn the bezel or swipe it wants me to use the pin to unlock the watch and if I remove the pin it removes all my cards. Is  there any way to bypass this and still keep samsung pay active on the watch?
I know things change but I never had to do this with my previous galaxy watch and find this process a nuisance. Thanks in advance for any help. 
7 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
You understand that the pin requirement is for your own financial protection? If you lose your watch or even if is out of sight someone can use your cards.
0 Likes
jb4kats2
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I do understand that but it should only require your pin when you want to use Samsung Pay, not require a pin to use your watch. As I said before on my old Galaxy Watch top button on the watch was for Samsung pay, and I had to use a pin to open it, and that was the only app that required a pin, now everyone I wake my watch and try to scroll, turn the bezel or tap it wants my pin, it shouldn't be that way every time you use the watch, only when you want to use Samsung Pay or at least give you the choice.
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree with you!
0 Likes
Medico
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I prefer the old method during Tizen, in which the lock and needed pin was only on the Samsung pay, not the whole watch
jb4kats2
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Exactly,
0 Likes
userD7sd4jj0DE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is one of the reasons I wound up returning my GW4 and going back to the GW3.

Others have reported that this is an issue related to the GW4's ability to detect that it's on your wrist.  Theoretically the watch is supposed to only ask for your Samsung Pay Pin after the watch has been removed and placed back on your wrist. 

Others have suggested trying to wear the watch band on a tighter setting to help the watch detect that it's on our wrist to avoid having to re-enter your pin frequently.  I've seen reports that tatoos on the wrist can interfere with wrist detection as well.

0 Likes
jb4kats2
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I went through Samsung Pay 4 or 5 times before I did one suggested thing and that was to be wearing the watch while setting up Samsung Pay and once I  did that and made sure it had a snug fit the setup went through and now the only time it requires the pin is when I use Samsung Pay. I can't understand why that made a difference but it sure saved me from throwing this watch out the window!

0 Likes