cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userIdM1ZFwcpZ
Constellation

Calorie burn is not estimated based on heart rate, and it is leading to major inconsistencies.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently notice that the watch estimates calorie burn based on the activity selected, but not the heart rate measurement. The figure attached shows the heart rate and calorie burn from the watch for the same preset program on the elliptical, logged as different activities. Even though the stats are incredibly similar, the calorie number is off by 100%!

I have seen a lot of other threads on this topic, is there a fix incoming? I am going to return the watch and tell anyone I know to not buy these products anymore.

Also, activities like tennis and racquetball are available on the S health app, but not on the watch. Who carries their phone around while playing tennis? Is there a future update coming where they can be added in the watch?

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-x0kh2MRhirTi1Yfq.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Calorie burn is not estimated based on heart rate, and it is leading to major inconsistencies.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out to our S-Health team directly at 855-795-0509.

4 REPLIES 4
userLCopGz2wEC
Constellation

Re: Calorie burn is not estimated based on heart rate, and it is leading to major inconsistencies.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also noticed the ridiculously high calorie count on the galaxy watch and S health. Today's count is more than 6000. I'm sure in not Michael Phelps in Olympic form so I wonder what's going one.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out to our S-Health team directly at 855-795-0509.

userSRV1a2AqKe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I noticed the same problem too, I will try to contact the S-Health team, thanks.

user4V14kUFFRe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If anyone contacts the S-Health team, would you mind replying to this topic with what their answer was about the heart rate/calorie burn issue?