cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9lqLsde4by
Asteroid

Calorie count too high - Galaxy Watch and S Health

I'm new to S Health and I have the Galaxy Watch. I noticed the calories count is way too high! e.g. I haven't worked out and I work from home so very minimal movement, by noon time, the Watch and S Health shows I've already burned over 1k calories? Really??  How do I display the calories burned from when I put on my watch in the morning...?

44 REPLIES 44
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Calorie count too high - Galaxy Watch and S Health

Have you updated the app recently?

user9lqLsde4by
Asteroid

What app? S Health app on my phone?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Yes. Also, have you updated your phone and watch as well?

user9lqLsde4by
Asteroid

Yes, I updated the watch and phone. S Heath is recently downloaded and no updates available. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Keeping track of how many calories you intake and how many you burn has never been easier. The watch can monitor burned calories in real time with the Samsung Health app on the watch, and record exercise information, such as steps.

The burned calories data is intended for fitness and informational purposes only. This is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease.

Calorie Count Intake
The watch will display estimated calories burned, based on the current time of day that it is initialized, even after a reset.
Data on the watch takes into account a person's basal metabolic rate (BMR), which is calculated using the information in the profile.
The calorie count displayed does not mean the exact burned calories during exercise, and is not the same as the true burned calories data.
The calories calculation may increase based on the basal metabolic rate (BMR), even with not exercising. This is normal operation.

user9lqLsde4by
Asteroid

1k calories burned at noon time with no exercise is normal??

user9lqLsde4by
Asteroid

After resetting my watch, it still shows I burned 1,100 calories. Why is this?

user9lqLsde4by
Asteroid

There's no resolution from Samsung on this. This leaves me no choice but to return the product.

userL6LDzYIkZB
Astronaut

It shows the calories that you burn based on your weight/height, just from being alive, and running your bodily functions.  The main number it gives you is those calories, not only ones burnt from any tracked activity.