Original topic:

Calorie tracker removed

(Topic created on: 4/30/21 8:17 AM)
userYRvGWkDA1N
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Recently updated my Galaxy Watch Active 2 and now it no longer tells me how many calories over/under I am! I bought this watch for fitness and weight loss and theres not much point if I can't accurately track my calories! How can I get this feature back?

0 Likes
2 Replies
userUpxkp6UbWs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

So, the other day I was researching about smart watches and how they track calories simply out of curiosity, since I wondered how could the watch know my calories burned without me wearing it. Apparently, the Samsung Watch Active 2 does not track calories burned (or any other Samsung watch), but rather estimates them based off BMR and activities. This had many upset for the same reason you are, as they had bought the device mainly to keep track of calories.

This feature also disappeared from my watch a couple of days ago. My guess is that to avoid any further complaints, and ensure the safety of people who might have been relaying too much on an imprecise feature, Samsung removed it altogether, alongside the caffeine and weight trackers.

In case you are curious, from what I have read, the BPM feature is very accurate, and the other widgets function normally.

0 Likes
oeagleo
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

After research, I too found this absolute "Deal Breaker" for my GW3.  I've since ordered,, and will use a TicWatch Pro 3, that will measure exercise properly, and even has a 24/7 SpO2 feature, that Samsung apparently does not have the technology to implement.  

0 Likes