JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calories Burned Wrong on Galaxy watch

(Topic created: 04-16-2020 09:33 PM)
dpelchat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've been using my watch for three weeks and I love it overall.

My first workout was a little weird... It logged Elliptical work for 400 calories and logged another workout for 700 at the same time.

I start my workouts manually now and the calories burned are always low. I synchronize every workout in MapMyFitness through SHealth,  and the calories count transferred in the app are correct!!

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

80 Replies
userUj8ce5olwQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hardly a solution. Is there an email address for the s-health team?

oeagleo
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Or forum????  I have way more questions about SHealth than a phone call would cover.

userFFjrcCAD2E
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The guys at SHealth desk don't know anything about how to fix this issue. 

0 Likes
userdbeTvQv22i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have only had my watch for a couple of months but my calorie count has been much too high since the day I got it. It shows me burning about 23,000 calories per day. I was hoping to use this watch in place of my Fitbit, but not if it is unable to accurately track my calories burned.

Why hasn't this been fixed since March? Does Samsung expect everyone to independently have to call S-Health separately? Technology at this price point should just work!

userFPivWOg41L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

What was the solution my workouts are always 100 calories lower than the eliptical meter or my apple watch.

userMg5KttT1hr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a similar issue, work my butt off in in a HIIT work out for an hour and get the same count from a slow 4km walk... I also find it will count them up and it will read 699 and then i will double check it in an hour and it will have dropped to reading 448. It's super frustrating, update needs to be created ASAP or unfortunately have to move away from it

Grayfree
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ya i go for a 15 min walk and it says I burn 2× as many calories than when I go full speed on an elliptical for 20 min. I do not understand

userT7aKD2qKaz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have done a 10 minute walk and I have apparently burnt 1,393,310 calories

today, if only!!!

0 Likes
user0l9QSixKmN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

+1

Same situation - walking 30 minutes logged as ~250 kcal while close to reality is about half the value. Can we get an official statement?

0 Likes
SK9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I know that a lot of people have complained about the Galaxy Watch calculating calories as too high but I was wondering if anyone has experienced the opposite problem. I just received my Galaxy Watch Active two days ago and I've only used to a few times to track workouts but I've noticed that the calorie count for some of the workouts seems too low. When I went to the gym and used the watch to track a kettlebell workout I did (I just used the circuit training option on the watch) it says that for a 22 min workout with an average heart rate of 129bpm that I only burned 77 calories. If I use calorie burn calculators on the internet both ones that take into account heart rate and ones that don't they say that for my age, height and weight that I should have burned anywhere between 128-175 calories. 

The even weirder thing is that when I have taken my dogs for a 25 minute walk around the block the watch calculates that I have burned around 156 calories even though my average heart rate was only 126 bpm. Am I just using the wrong workout setting to track my workouts? Does anyone know if there is a way to edit a workout on your Samsung health app to change the calories burned?