Re: Galaxy Watch Active Calorie Count too Low Sometimes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here very disappointed. 

Is samsung going to fix this????????

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same problem... I do elliptical for about 30 minutes, my Galaxy Watch reports about 400 calories burned. When I sync data to Map My Fitness, the proper amount of calories is reported, about 750. I know this is right, since my TomTom watch was also reporting about 750 calories for the same exercise. It seems the Galaxy watch does not take my weight and age into account. I manually start my workouts, I might try to let the watch detect the activity the next time, to see if that makes a difference.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same for me.

My previous watches (Gear S2, Gear Fit, & Gear Fit 2 Pro) all averaged about 150-200 calories per mile jogged, depending on my pace, heart rate, weather, etc.

The Galaxy Watch Active is only showing about 100 calories per mile.  I tried it with the Strava app and it was better.  I'd like to use Samsung Health though.  Hopefully a software update can fix it.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem! Watch Active says 30 mins on elliptical burned 29 cal. But mowing my lawn for an hour under "other workouts" shows over 1000 cal. (side note: lawn mowing needs to be a workout.) 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem for me, went for a 35 minute run and the watch said I burned 27 calories! How can I fix this? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the record, I tried to let the watch detect that I was working out on elliptical It did not detect any activity, even if my HR registered at 120+ for 40 minutes. But it will detect a workout when I mow the lawn too. Go figure... 

Another theory I have is this... It seems to do well with "other workouts", probably because it doesn't know what we are doing and relies on the HR in that mode?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. Has Samsung responded at all to this thread??

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can confirm that it is working correctly now, not a single HR flatline during the day or during workout

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has not been corrected with the new watch; it's one of the reasons why I still wear my Fitbit on the opposite wrist!

Use the calorie count only as a basic guideline. I had a Garmin for two weeks and loved the app but had to return the watch because it couldn't record heart rate during intense exercise.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. I'm doing Insanity Max 30 - which is not an easy 30 minutes. I wish there was an option for a HIIT workout, since there isn't I have tried Circuit Training and Other. It said I burned 152 calories. there is no way that could be right. I have my age, height and weight all entered. This makes me want to go back to my Fitbit because I feel like I'm working my a$$ off for with nothing to show for it on the app! Is Samsung going to even look at this issue??