JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calories Burned Wrong on Galaxy watch

(Topic created: 03-04-2019 01:31 PM)
dpelchat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've been using my watch for three weeks and I love it overall.

My first workout was a little weird... It logged Elliptical work for 400 calories and logged another workout for 700 at the same time.

I start my workouts manually now and the calories burned are always low. I synchronize every workout in MapMyFitness through SHealth,  and the calories count transferred in the app are correct!!

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
80 Replies
useremh7kv9N7v
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue. Been using galaxy watch since November and calories counted are way too low. My Garmin watch was much better. I go to gym 3 times a week and 60 minute if body combat should burn minimum of 600 calories without any heart rate details. My watch always says around 260 calories! And I mean I work hard for the whole hour so this is terrible.  Wish i sruck to Garmin,  that had more options in the app and was more accurate! 

SK9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank goodness someone else has had the same problem! I thought for a second it was just my watch! The more I use it the more I've noticed that for lower impact workouts like walking, running or treadmill that the heart rate and calorie counter seem to be fairly accurate it's just for the more intense exercises that the watch still seems to struggle with. As a smart watch though I think the watch is great, I have come to like it more and more as time goes on. Of course I wish the fitness tracking was a more consistent but for my first smart watch I'm pretty happy with it. Hopefully in future generations the software will get more advanced and accurate. Not gonna hold my breath but fingers crossed! If I may ask though, which Garmin watch did you have?
userTRkAI52FP7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Always too low, not sometime

userkD8TIj1cAP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yep always low ! 

0 Likes
user7FiHRq062b
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yup. I do body combat too and my watch logs 260 cals on a good day. Sometimes it's 220!! I was wondering if there was a more accurate descriptor for the workout? I currently log it as interval training. What do you log it as?
userxwAVcwqCy3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here very disappointed. 

Is samsung going to fix this????????

userFFjrcCAD2E
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

not sure. I just spoke to Samsung S-Health and they are clueless as to when there will be a solution. 

0 Likes
dpelchat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same problem... I do elliptical for about 30 minutes, my Galaxy Watch reports about 400 calories burned. When I sync data to Map My Fitness, the proper amount of calories is reported, about 750. I know this is right, since my TomTom watch was also reporting about 750 calories for the same exercise. It seems the Galaxy watch does not take my weight and age into account. I manually start my workouts, I might try to let the watch detect the activity the next time, to see if that makes a difference.
colinzeal109
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same for me.

My previous watches (Gear S2, Gear Fit, & Gear Fit 2 Pro) all averaged about 150-200 calories per mile jogged, depending on my pace, heart rate, weather, etc.

The Galaxy Watch Active is only showing about 100 calories per mile.  I tried it with the Strava app and it was better.  I'd like to use Samsung Health though.  Hopefully a software update can fix it.

useroEEnYvdshJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem! Watch Active says 30 mins on elliptical burned 29 cal. But mowing my lawn for an hour under "other workouts" shows over 1000 cal. (side note: lawn mowing needs to be a workout.)