Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Calorie Count too Low Sometimes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is always 160 every 30  mins.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Calorie Count too Low Sometimes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Recently bought a rose gold 42 mm, and wore it for the first time at work. I did a 19 hour shift. 3 more hours and I'll have been up for 24 straight hours. As it stands, I'm at 1985 calories burned. LOL 😂 Fix 🤨

Highlighted
Astronaut

Daily total calorie burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone know why my daily calorie burn is so low? For example, my BMR is 1450 and my Samsung app says I burned only 1438 over 24 hours when I was lightly active all day plus went for an hour long fast walk where it said I burned 300 calories?

Highlighted
Constellation

Low recording of calories burned during workouts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good Morning,

We seem to have very low records of calories burned during a workout, we have the Samsung galaxy watches.

Is there any updates to fix this?

Foe example in a 45 min high intensity workout we usually burin 450-600 cals, our watches are only showing 200-300max

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Low recording of calories burned during workouts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact issue here. No good. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy watch calories accurate

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone

I saw some users that complain about the gw calories accurate during sport activities

I came from Suunto watch and there is a huge gap between the two watches , can someone please can tell me if the gw is using my HR during the activity in order to accurate the burning calories or not?

If no , is there any way to make it work properly?

Maybe with other sport app ?

Thanks 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Galaxy watch calories accurate

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Keeping track of how many calories you intake and how many you burn has never been easier. The watch can monitor burned calories in real time with the Samsung Health app on the watch, and record exercise information, such as steps.

The burned calories data is intended for fitness and informational purposes only. This is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease.

Calorie Count Intake The watch will display estimated calories burned, based on the current time of day that it is initialized, even after a reset. Data on the watch takes into account a person's basal metabolic rate (BMR), which is calculated using the information in the profile. The calorie count displayed does not mean the exact burned calories during exercise, and is not the same as the true burned calories data.

The calories calculation may increase based on the basal metabolic rate (BMR), even with not exercising. This is normal operation.

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy watch calories accurate

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi George

Thanks for your answer 

Unfortunately i am really disappointed from the calories accurate during training.

I'm running 8 km must of the time in very high HR it's impossible that I'm burning only 450 calories.

My Suunto watch and my Fitbit showing around 1000 calories.

I assume that GW is not using my heart rate to calculate the calories during training and for sport focused product it's really disappointed.

I checked in the web and There is plenty of users that saying the same I

Any solution?

Even via 3rd party app

Highlighted
Constellation

Calories burned are not accurate

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just purchased my Galaxy Watch model DD93 and the calories burned are highly inaccurate. I've seen other posts whether the watches overestimate the calories burned, but mine underestimates the calories by at least half. I wore my watch on one wrist, and my Fitbit on the other, and the calories burned on my my Fitbit were more that double the calories burned on my Samsung watch. If they both have the capability to detect my heart rate, what gives? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Calories burned are not accurate

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20200223-114356_Messenger.jpg