cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Calories on Galaxy Active2

Any idea if a sport profile or even an 3rd party app can measure calories using the HR of the watch?

The active 2 calculates calories without using HR monitor so it's very low calorie burn.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Calories on Galaxy Active2

Where did you see that the Active calculates calories without HR?  That's not very accurate if it's true.  Can someone from Samsung either affirm or debunk this?

Highlighted
Halo

Here's a handy calculator to check the accuracy of the watch's calories, or just for your own accurate count.

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.shtm...

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you

According to this calculator my elliptical training and hiit it's wrong with the watch. 30 mins of elliptical at an average of 130bps of HR I get 260 calories and wit the calculator it's above 400

Highlighted
Halo

depending on your age and weight, I'd say the 400 would be closer to the truth, I know the elliptical really kicks my butt.. :-)  My knees won'd let me do HIIT though.

Highlighted
Asteroid

My Gwa2 in elliptical profile give me like 260 cal

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ok. After testing mi Gwa2 with my Garmin Venu if I do 40 mins elliptical with indoor bike on the Gwa2 and elliptical on the Venu the calories and other values are Identical!!!!!

Then I tried 15 mins hiit with circuit training on the GWA2 and Aerobic profile on the Venu and the Venu give me 50 calories more than the Gwa2 but the others values are Identical.

It seems like som profile on Samsung do not use the HR to count calories 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Why do you say that it is not very accurate to say that calories are calculated without using the HR. I recently received an Active 2 as a gift and have found that using the Other Workout option, I get the exact same calorie burn after 30 minutes whether I am working out at a high intensity or sitting on the sofa. I have observed this behavior on two watches. I have done several experiments and found that the only thing that changes the calorie count is changing my weight. I believe the problem exists with the Samsung Health app running on the watch. Maybe a recent software update broke this behavior. In fact, I hope that is the case and that Samsung will resolve it quickly.