cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jessgertken
Constellation

Can't Remove Device From Steps Screen in Samsung Health App

I previously had the Gear Fit2 Pro but upgraded to the Galaxy Watch Active a few weeks ago. When clicking on steps screen in the Samsung Health app I have the option to pick All steps, Mobile phone or Gear Fit2 Pro. I do not use the Gear Fit2 Pro anymore and when I click on it, it shows 0 steps, which it should. My Active and phone are connected but it doesn't give me the option to see my steps for just my Active. It looks like it is counting the steps from my phone and watch when I click All steps. I am wondering how I can remove my old Gear Fit2 Pro from this screen so that I can view steps for just my Galaxy Watch Active. Also, the only accesory that shows in my Galaxy Wearable app is my Galaxy Watch Active so I'm not sure what's going on.

31 REPLIES 31
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can't Remove Device From Steps Screen in Samsung Health App

Is the Gear Fit2 Pro still powered on or being used? Have you removed it from your Bluetooth settings?

Nike6229
Constellation

I have the same issue.  I deleted the Fit 2 from all my accounts a year ago and got the Gear S3.  The S3 is tracking everything else like Sleep, etc and syncs those with Samsung Health..   But Samsung Health will not show the S3 as my step tracker. .  I did a backup of the data and watch and have even erased and started over. .   As soon as I sync everything, it tries to track steps with the Non-Existent Fit2 again.

userpbD3ILmvt3
Constellation

Any luck with this? I didnt have a Samsung wearable before. My Samsung Health is double counting steps when I walk with the watch and carry my phone. I want the Health app just to pick up the steps my watch registers. Only options I have are All Data and Mobile Phone. How do I have the S Health app register only the watch steps??

userXxejfJpv37
Constellation

Same issue here. I have a Gear S3 and Galaxy Fit. I keep interchanging these two but the Samsung Health app cannot just add the steps from Gear S3 and Galaxy Fit. It has to be "All" which also means a phone. And even though I wear the Fit all day, it is double counting the steps from my phone and Fit.

Highlighted
Onlineangel
Cosmic Ray

Exact same issue/question. My Gear Fit2 (that I don't even have anymore) shows as a step count source along with my Mobile phone. Active not listed. Unable to figure out how to remove the Gear Fit2 and have my Active listed. 

My Active otherwise syncs and shows data fine for other parts of Samsung Health. Just not the steps "widget."

sl2610
Constellation

I am also encoutering the same. I did removed gear fit 2 from galaxy wearble app but couldnt able to remove from samsung health. is there any resolution for this?

user9o0qrRBP4b
Constellation

I have same issue. Last two day I was face. My gear fit was discontinue from last six month. Wonder how can show it? Screenshot_20190521-095435.jpg

Not showing my s3 frontier. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried going into the settings of the Samsung Health app and removing the device from there?

userxb5ruPcbXl
Astronaut

How do you remove the device in app/settings?  I clicked on accessories and the only accessory listed is the Galaxy watch active.  It shows an old S2 combining my steps and I have no idea how to delete this device.  Nothing in bluetooth as my phone is new.