cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkBFUMW9YtO
Constellation

Re: Can't Remove Device From Steps Screen in Samsung Health App

I share the same issue. I use Gear S3 together with my A50 phone but had to connect my wife's Galaxy Fit for a while and I am not able to get rid of it ever since. I unpaired the device, deleted cache data from both Galaxy Wearable and Samsung Health, but without any success. I repeated the process after removing Samsung Account and finally got rid of it, but only until sincing with Samsung account, which made the annoying Galaxy Fit back immediately... Tried to find devices connected to Samsung account, but did not manage to find such option in Samsung account management. 

Ti be honest, I am starting to be little angry over the issue, this is something I would expect from Chinese brands, but not from Samsung. Especially when I see this issue is known at least from March and still is not fixed in July.

Nevertheless, any clues what try next? Note: Deleting my Healt data is not an option for me.

DwayneM
Asteroid

I also have this problem. The only selections available when selecting a step count data source in Samsung Health are All, Mobile Phone, and the previous Samsung watches that I have owned as shown in the screen capture.

Screenshot_20190713-093432.png

DwayneM
Asteroid

I tried creating a new Samsung account and logging into it - same problem. The only sources shown are All and Mobile Phone (Watch Active not listed.) So it seems this problem would affect 100% of Watch Active users, regardless of whether or not they previously had another Samsung watch.

Shame on you, Samsung for ignoring this.

jessgertken
Constellation

So I got an update from Samsung regarding the ticket I submitted about this issue last weekend and forgot to post. They said there is no fix due to an update they did. She said the All Steps is the only way to see the steps from your device but it will show steps from your phone and device. I had her put in something requesting this to be fixed in the future but I don't know when that will happen. 

userHHixa7vRew
Constellation

Same issue here, use to have a gear sport that stopped working a couple months ago, and now I use a galaxy watch. Samsung health does not allow me to select the galaxy watch for the steps from the menu, only the gear sport is visible, really annoying. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Health team directly at  855-795-0509.

pnjf
Constellation

Same problem here. Still showing my S3, which I no longer have, but not my Galaxy watch. Incredibly annoying. I did notice today that if you click on the little i in the tracking window, it says 'For some sources, including Galaxy watches and bands, step counts are integrated with Samsung Health automatically and can't be viewed separately.' So obviously they changed something so that my watch does not appear. I am expecting to have a Galaxy Fit in a few days time and expect that also won't show up. That is bad, Samsung! And I would also like to stop it showing the S3 - always 0 steps, of course.

ArtTech
Asteroid

I just noticed the same thing after upgrading to the S10+. I originally had a Note 4 and Gear S but now use the Galaxy Watch with the S10+. My Gear S shows up under View you step count data. The thing is I have never pair my old Gear S with my new S10+ so this data must be getting pulled from Samsungs servers. When I setup my Galaxy Watch and S10+ it was a fresh new setup and there was no backups restored or anything like that.

ArtTech
Asteroid

S Health was updated today and I noticed a small change. On mine the Galaxy Watch and phone is shown under All steps. My old watch the Gear S is still there but I have to tap on the down arrow to show other devices. I still don't understand why the Gear S is showing as I haven't used it in months and it was never paired with my S10+.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@ArtTech Have you tried removing the old device from your Bluetooth settings?