cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Can't install Samsung Wearable on Pixel 3 XL

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been trying to figure this out for 2 days now and can't seem ti find an answer anywhere. I had a samsung gear s3 for 2 years now working great on my Pixel 2 XL and Pixel 3 XL, however I was using an old version of the app. I bought a Watch Active 2 and the app was too old to find it, so I tried unsinstalling and reinstalling it, but now I can't install the app at all. Neither can I install the necessary plugins or anything to do with any watch. I tried installing through apk, and I also get an error saying it couldn't be installed. Someone at Samsung suggested I wiped the system partition cache, but that can't be done on a Pixel 3 XL running android 10. It also doesn't matter if I clear cache on the playstore. I've already updated my phone to the latest system update, I tried rebooting it and deleting every samsung file on the phone, I still can't install the wearable app and now I can't use my watch properly.

thread-25156058-14400308329663060523.png

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Can't install Samsung Wearable on Pixel 3 XL

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update on this: A full factory reset solved the issue 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your Google Play Services apk needs updating. Search for Play Services (beta)

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm already a play service tester

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Then it's a software incompatibility issue. It's going to happen alot during the Android 10 roll out.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My friends on Pixel 4 XL and Pixel 3 both are on android 10 and had no issues with it as well... I don't know if that is the problem or not

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

both Google and Samsung either don't know, someone did bad code, or not having patches delivered properly and they wont tell you either. Customer is becoming more advanced than the corporation

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update on this: A full factory reset solved the issue 

View solution in original post