Original topic:

Can't open Bixby - An error occurred please try again

(Topic created: 05-24-2020 11:00 AM)
userfQ2CogqIlX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Dear all,

I updated the bixby on my active 2 (latest os) and I keep getting this error. I tried restarting my watch and force stopping the app but no luck. Please help...😭Whenever I open bixbyWhenever I open bixby

23 Replies
gereeneyes
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

If u can buy useing your phone can you go to settings on the watch and clear the catch,,or un install and use the watch for a day go to settings and reset everything back to default reinstall biggs

gereeneyes
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Good luck

userGK0PIITVF9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I literally have the same issue. I bought the watch yesterday and everytime I try to open Bixby this message shows. 

Did you manage to fix it? 

0 Likes
userQf00zpJkWo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same problem with my brand new active 2 I just got today.

0 Likes
Solution
userFg2keQ5Vf0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I ran into the same problem. I had just recieved my watch today and it was not allowing me to access bixby after I had downloaded the update for it. So I went into the "Account and backup" in the galaxy wearable app and reset my watch. Now I recommend backing up your watch before doing so.. You will have to set your watch up again and when you go to update your apps just don't update bixby. Working for me now 😁

userfQ2CogqIlX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This works for me as well, Thx!

P.S.: But I keep failing to restore my Samsung Health data haha. It's fine tho. 

0 Likes
uservx8qfRiZ7c
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

out of all of the "solutions" this is the only one that works. 

1. If the latest update of Watch Bixby Voice was applied reset the watch

2. Reconect it

3. Run Bixby on the watch

4. Update all the apps EXCEPT "Watch Bixby Voice"

It seems the bug fixes in this update created a more serouse bug.

At any time the new update is applied, it seems Bixby stops working on the watch

0 Likes
SherryKhanny
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Seems like the latest Bixby update broke something. I also got my new Galaxy Watch Active 2 yesterday, but I made all the software updates before even checking things out and Bixby never launched for me, I get that error everytime. I restarted both my watch and phone (Samsung Galaxy S10+), opened Bixby on phone and it works fine, but it still doesn't work on the watch. Hopefully this issue will be solved by Samsung in the next Bixby update. Can't honestly wait for it, I haven't tried it on my watch yet and I'm so curious to see what it can do.

0 Likes
userwAOf9ozkXb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

You may be waiting awhile, if you don't have a backup you can restore.

The Active2 was introduced with a EKG sensor.  Was supposed to be activated last year...6 months later, still waiting for Samsung to implement what they promised.

oh, one critical point if you DO have a backup.  Make sure you deactivate the reactivation lock before resetting the watch.  If you don't, you might not be able to restore your backup, if anything goes wonky with your Samsung account.