Original topic:

Can't open Bixby - An error occurred please try again

(Topic created: 05-07-2020 05:48 PM)
userfQ2CogqIlX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Dear all,

I updated the bixby on my active 2 (latest os) and I keep getting this error. I tried restarting my watch and force stopping the app but no luck. Please help...😭Whenever I open bixbyWhenever I open bixby

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userPrAnXcYQiY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

new watch, experiencing the same problem. hoping someone at samsung sees this! just got active2, took it out of the box, updated all the apps, tried using bixby for the first time get that "an error has occurred"

0 Likes
userfQ2CogqIlX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Try update it on the watch. Don't update it through the wearable app or galaxy store on your phone. 

1. Backup your data (You might have to deactivate the reactivation lock as userPrAnXcYQiY suggested) 

2. Factory reset it

3. Update Bixby on the watch. Don't update on the wearable app. (There are 2 extra packages in this update so you need to click 3 times)

Last time I did it with the phone, it failed.  After the reset, if you see something like update bixby rather than an error occurred, you're good to go. 20200510_002257_mr1589041500283.jpg

Screenshot_20200510-001306_Photos.jpg

userz2Iv15yUHx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for working on this problem. I have a disability so having the voice activation helps me to use the watch with less pain

0 Likes
userEMeDDB5XaP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your infos...

I have exacltly the same problem with my new AW2, after the Bixby last update from "Galaxy wearable app" when I run Bixby I get the error "An error occurred please try again" systematically.

To get Bixby working again I do:

1) Factory reset

2) Restore backup

3) avoid to update Bixby

Actually with version 2.101.37 Bixby is working ok.

My Question to userfQ2CogqIlX:

How to get the update request from the watch? Till now I don't get any update request from watch, so I can't try your solution to update from the watch instead of using Phone "Galaxy wearable" app.

Samsung support? Any comment?

My SW ver: R820XXU1BTA1

Galaxy Watch Active2(0106) SM-R820

0 Likes
userJJRlDc3jpc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

There's another app you need to download. So only your mobile go to Samsung store and select watch tab. Search bixyby you need Bixby provision  do this and it will work no need to reset device.

userEMeDDB5XaP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

You are the man! userJJRlDc3jpc

Now I have Bixby version 2.104.32 working.

Steps done:

1) From Phone "Galaxy Store" find Bixby provisioning" app

2) Install it to the watch

3) I installed also Bixby from "Galaxy Store" but probably is not necessary

4) Run Bixby from the watch

5) Bixby ask for an upgrade from the watch

6) Execute upgrade from watch

7) Now last Bixby version is working!

Great

Thanks everybody

Screenshot_20200514-130017_Galaxy Store.jpg

userpwgF22TRj0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I dont have Galaxy phone so no samsung app store, is there anywhere else this provision can be downloaded from?
Crazy that its not working on a new watch.

0 Likes
RemcoS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

You don't need a Galaxy phone to access the Samsung (or in this case the Galaxy) Store. You can find it from the Wear App.

When you open the app you should have three options at the bottom: the right one should be something like Discover (I have Dutch language so I have to guess what it would be in English)

You then get a screen with where you can choose to install Dials and Apps in any of those click on the link "Show more""

You now have a search option in the Galaxy store.

Search for Watch Bixby and make sure to select the tab Apps. You can install the Bixby provisioning App from there. Also install the other mentioned App (if you don't Bixby on the watch will ask you to install it).

It would be nice if the updated Bixby App would do it himself, saves a lot of searching and manual installs.

At least this solved the Bixby issue for me.
Thanks to all the other contributors, I would never found this solution by myself.

0 Likes
Bredero
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't have a Samsung phone, but a OnePlus. There is no Bixby provisioning app in the wear app. (also Dutch btw) 😞

0 Likes
SherryKhanny
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Would have loved to see this sooner, just discovered the Provisioning app myself yesterday and, after installing it from the phone, I updated and configured it directly on the watch and now Bixby works. Came here to post this solution, when I saw this 🙂 It's good that now we have a workaround, though I hope we won't need it in the future, or if it will even work again, since the app is now already installed.

0 Likes