Original topic:

Can't stop a particular Facebook messenger message from reappearing on my Galaxy watch 3

(Topic created: 05-16-2022 07:02 AM)
rhodesmk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

A few weeks ago,  my wife thought she's share something with me from FB using the FB messenger app. I viewed it on my phone, and because my Watch 3 is connected to my phone, I also got a message on my watch that said she "shared an attachment" with me. Even though I've read the message on my phone, and on my watch, and deleted the "shared an attachment" message on my watch multiple times, the  message keeps reappearing on my watch. Every time it appears, I send it to the trash. An hour or so later, it's back! 

Make it go away, please!! 

According to the "about" on my Samsung Wearables app on the phone, my watch is a Watch3 (8594), model #SM-R845U. 

Thanks...

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with the notification repeating displaying on your watch and I would be happy to look into this further for you.

1. Clear the cache on your Galaxy wearables and your Facebook messenger/Facebook app. Clearing App Cache removes all the temporary stored files the application uses when you open it next time. Give these steps a try: Go to settings > apps > locate all 3 days individually. Then tap on each app > tap on force stop > tap on storage and clear the cache.

2. I would recommend wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

3. I would recommend toggling off the notifications in the Galaxy wearables app for Facebook/Facebook Messenger and turning them back to on see if it will reset the notification out the app cache.

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps, provided, the next step would be a factory reset of your Galaxy watch 3. All of your personal data will be removed and the watch will restore back to its default settings, so you won't have to worry about personal info still being on it. You can reset your watch using the Settings or Reboot mode on the watch, or with the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.  Give this link a try for steps to factory reset your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

0 Likes
DannyG91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Would you at all have the notification reminder feature turned on? Try turning it off and see if that helps.
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

if you haven't tried yet, clear the wearable app cache and the wearable plug-in cache as well.

What is the device model number and software version (settings > about phone > software information > build number (last 4 digits)) ?

Reproduce issue then report to Wearable app > menu > contact us > error report

0 Likes