JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't synch text messages with Galaxy Watch 3 and S10. Is this normal?

(Topic created: 05-17-2021 06:01 PM)
userJN0zdanEls
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can't synch text messages with Galaxy Watch 3 and S10. Is this normal? I can reset the device and see previous call logs, emails, etc. But Messages just don't sync. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 so they can remote into your device and assist you further.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
17 Replies
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I understand how frustrating this can be. Is the watch Bluetooth or LTE? Is the watch connected through the Wearables app? Which messaging app do you use on the phone? (Stock messaging app, Google Messages, Messages +, etc) Have the text messages previously synced with the watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userJN0zdanEls
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've already answered most of your questions. I will answer one more time.

Bluetooth
Connected through Wearables app
Stock Messaging app aka Samsung Messages

The watch is brand new so there was no previous time except the three times I reset the watch.
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just to make sure, have you verified the settings?

Press the Power key, and then swipe to and tap Settings > Apps > Permissions. Turn on the permission for the functions under Messages. Make sure contacts, location, phone, and storage are all enabled.

0 Likes
userJN0zdanEls
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
What app are we talking about and on what device?
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

These are the settings on the watch, and this is for the Messages app. 

For the phone, you can check the following:

From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen, and then tap Settings. Tap Galaxy Wearable Permissions, and then turn on the permission for each function. Tap the Back icon to return to the main Apps page. Depending on the connected watch, turn on the permission for the functions that appear under the Galaxy Watch PlugIn and/or Galaxy Fit Plugin.

0 Likes
userJN0zdanEls
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm not seeing the settings you're saying to check on the watch. It's no longer in the thread.
0 Likes
userJN0zdanEls
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Where are you seeing fit plugin or watch plug-in? Wearables has all.permossions
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

With Samsung's Bluetooth and LTE smart watches, it's never been easier to talk while you walk. You can create new messages, or quickly view incoming messages and send replies using the pre-installed Messages app without even taking out your phone. You can also send replies using Quick messages, or when you decline incoming calls. However, your watch must be connected to a phone unless the watch is an LTE model with active network services. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078022/

0 Likes
userJN0zdanEls
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Where on that page does it say how to delete messages that aren't showing up on the watch? That's not helpful.
0 Likes