Original topic:

Can't update: Registration failed

(Topic created: 03-20-2021 10:28 PM)
gblaw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just got my Galaxy Active 2 a week ago. Have not been able to update the software. Keep getting the same message every time. Uninstalled Wear app and rebooted watch a few times. Any solutions?

0 Likes
13 Replies
CJ619
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
this can either be a issue with the Sim card itself or the Sim card was not properly activated on your carriers network. It has been known that Sim cards are faulty when you get them. try to contact your carrier and see if they can actively send a refresh to your device. If they cannot, then you would need to contact your carrier and ask them to provide you a replacement Sim card for your device. That usually fixes most issues. Hope that helps
0 Likes
gblaw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

That didn't do it. I even tried on another phone...with a different SIM card. I'm open to other suggestions.

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

For confirmation, are you receiving this error code on your device or the watch while trying to update?

0 Likes
gblaw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

On the device

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can you please send me a picture when of the registration error message you are receiving on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
gblaw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Screenshot_20210331-102451.png

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can I please have the full model number and IMEI for your phone, as well as the full model number and serial number/IMEI for your watch in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Sgerc-User_318
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Recently I had experienced same issue with my active2 watch.

Can you suggest any alternate option pls.  

Rgds.

0 Likes
GaryWS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Galaxy Watch

I am having the exact same issue with my Galaxy S3 Frontier. I bought the Galaxy 3, tried to set that up this week and same issue with the Wearables app. Spoke with 7 different people at Samsung over 3 days and no one was able to help.  

I mailed the Galaxy 3 back to Samsung today and am back to wearing the S3, but can't update the firmware or even get to a login screen using the Wearables app. 

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Thanks

0 Likes